Adulting is Hard, So I'm Running Away! ~ An Oct 2016 PTR ~ Update 10/19: Peace Out, Yo!

Journey into Imagination with Figment!

Never done it. It's on the list this time though. I love that stupid song.

Disney/Pixar Short Film Festival! I've heard good thigs about one of these, so I'm excited to see them!

I've seen most of the shorts before some movies we've seen but I think seeing them in 4D is going to be awesome! I just hope I can convince DH he feels the same way.

Living with the Land! I don't have a huge interest in gardening or agriculture, but I still find this ride just fascinating and so relaxing!

I don't either but I think it's a good way to cool off & relax for a bit.

ribeye.jpg

I'll already be watching Disney stuff on you tube then turn on the you tube of the characters welcoming them to Disney? I have no idea. Something on the lines of this!!

The steak looks fab but I'm not too sure about the marrow part. :crazy2::scared:

Yay for getting so close!! I'm so excited for you!!! And also it's good that you got back to your place with no damage..except the internets lol. I just find it so surreal that since my last trip to WDW you have gone...oh twice more I think lol? I guess that happens though when you can drive there in less than a day!! Can't wait to live vicariously though...especially all the foooood!

Coming out of lurkdom to say I am loving your PTR! I stumbled upon it and am now reading through your TR's. You're hilarious! I'm ridiculously impressed with your fitness and diet regime. I can make myself run, but making myself stick to to a diet is almost impossible. Congratulations on your success. I could also mention that i love that you have zero qualms about traveling solo, but I think i'm fangiriling a little too much and it's bordering on stalkerish...soooo...yeah...Yay Disney!

Yah for being safe and making it home! I can't believe your trip is so close. Can't wait to hear about Monsieur Paul. We have an early dinner ADR for New Year's Eve. It will be our first time to eat there.
I can't wait to tell you all about it!

Your right..

200_s.gif

tumblr_mst5aqaq0F1s4omozo1_500.gif

tumblr_njb19sCfvw1s4jjovo1_400.gif
I figured as much.

Yes. Figment!!! I love that purple dragon!!! and you should TOO!!!
I like him, I do! I even had a Figment antenna topper on my car for a few years! I'm just not a rabid Figment fangirl like SOME people...

BOARDWALK! Next time... Yes Next trip we will be staying there. hands down...
When the scary pool clown eats you and you're dead, don't come crying to me!

YUM!!! Creamery!!! I hope it's all that it's cracked up to be!!
You and me both, girl!

I was looking around yesterday at Yachtsmen I thought they would have Beef Wellington.. They don't.
Perhaps not, but they do have: "16-oz Prime Rib-Eye Steak, with Brioche, Bone Marrow, Point Reyes Blue Cheese Butter." YUMMMM!!!

Happy your back in your house Happy your Mom had all your WiFi and FOOD!!
Yaaasss! And my apartment is now full of internets again finally, yay!

Do you have a standard view room booked? We had a sv room and were able to see the Star Wars fireworks from our room. It was a third floor room that overlooked a huge roof and just past it was SAB. I was delighted to see the fireworks since we had gotten rained out of DHS and missed the close up version. You can also see the Star Wars fireworks from the beach area at the BC or in front of the YC.

If you have a garden view room that faces Epcot then you might be able to see some of the high fireworks from Illuminations. If you are out around the time the fireworks go ff you can get a good view from the bridge between the Boardwalk and Beach Club. Since you are spending the night in the Boardwalk area, this would be a good time to catch one of these or both of them. ::yes::
Ooooh, great tips! Thank you, Sue! I have a Garden View room, and am crossing my fingers and toes for one facing Epcot!

So glad you made it safely home and that the kitties were relatively okay with all the traveling. Our traffic has been crazy this week with all the people heading back to Savannah and coming right through Macon :P
We were one of those people. SORRY! :D

Also holy crap single digits! Where has October gone???
Well, that whole hurricane business killed a lot of October time, at least for me!

I am so excited about all your plans, especially all the Epcot fun. I love that park! And though it's not as "wow" as the regular entrance, I really love the International Gateway. Especially early in the morning, it's sort of fun to walk through the empty countries to get to Future World. We also like getting breakfast in France, which is cool when World Showcase is mostly closed, too!
I forgot that they open up the bakery in France in the mornings for International Gateway guests. I might have to take advantage of that!

As for the Boardwalk, I will highly recommend the Butter Cake flavor from Ample Hills. So so so good!
That sounds SOOOOO right up my alley, girl!

woo whoooo single digits
6 more sleeps, yaaaay!

I've seen most of the shorts before some movies we've seen but I think seeing them in 4D is going to be awesome! I just hope I can convince DH he feels the same way.
I wish that "Piper" was part of the line up. That's the short they showed before Finding Dory, and I absolutely LOOOOOOVED it!

The steak looks fab but I'm not too sure about the marrow part. :crazy2::scared:
I'm really curious to taste the bone marrow! I might hate it, but I'm really interested in trying it all the same!

Yay for getting so close!! I'm so excited for you!!! And also it's good that you got back to your place with no damage..except the internets lol. I just find it so surreal that since my last trip to WDW you have gone...oh twice more I think lol? I guess that happens though when you can drive there in less than a day!! Can't wait to live vicariously though...especially all the foooood!
It's actually been almost a year since my last trip! I haven't been since the first week of December 2015!

Coming out of lurkdom to say I am loving your PTR! I stumbled upon it and am now reading through your TR's. You're hilarious! I'm ridiculously impressed with your fitness and diet regime. I can make myself run, but making myself stick to to a diet is almost impossible. Congratulations on your success. I could also mention that i love that you have zero qualms about traveling solo, but I think i'm fangiriling a little too much and it's bordering on stalkerish...soooo...yeah...Yay Disney!
I like stalkerish fangirls... Makes me feel loved! Welcome, and thanks for un-lurking! Only a few days left in the PTR, but I do hope you'll join me for the Trip Report when I got back!

6 days until WDW! :hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things in real life, plus trying to get ready for this trip. But the good news is that my apartment is full of internets again! Yaaay!

Can you believe I haven't even started packing yet? That's on the agenda for this weekend! Tonight I am getting some laundry going, writing this post, then going straight to bed to read until I fall asleep! I got wrangled into working tomorrow. Boooo!

But, as promised, here's another day's worth of plans for you. We're getting closer to the end, folks. Here's Day 8!

Day%208%20Itin.png

The day will start with an early morning bus ride over to...

castle.png

And why are we here so bright and early, you ask? Well, of course, for a pre-park opening breakfast at...

SANY0154.jpg

Where I will consume copious amount of carbs and things like these...

20151209_082917-1.jpg

Mmmmm. I can feel myself getting fatter just thinking about it!

After that, I think it'll be just about time for another round of Facepainting, of course. Because crazy.

princessday.jpg

Then after I get gorgeous, I'll walk right next door for my first FP of the day, at...

20150425_233919-1.jpg

Space Mountain! And yes, that's how it makes me feel! I have a total love/hate relationship with this ride!

After that, I'll put my game face on and check out the stand-by line for...

MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_7055271329.jpeg

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin! After becoming a Galactic Hero, I'll make me way out of Tomorrowland and into Fantasyland for a different kind of flight...

PeterPansFlight_1.jpg

Peter Pan's Flight! From there, I'll scoot to the 100 Acre Wood and check out the stand-by line for...

winnie.png

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh! Time to get all up in that honey pot!

And then even if I managed to catch a ride on it during MNSSHP, I'll still use my last FP for one more visit to the 999 happy haunts at...

haunted_mansion_entrance.jpg

The Haunted Mansion! I'll be sure to bring my death certificate!

Afterwards, I'd like to find myself on a scenic cruise aboard the...

liberty-belle.png

Liberty Belle Riverboat! If I can make this happen, this will be another FIRST for me!

And sticking with that whole "liberty" theme, I'll then head over to my lunch ADR at...

liberty-tree.png

Liberty Tree Tavern! Which happens to be another FIRST for me! And while for lunch I'm kinda eyeballing that pork belly BLT sandwich, I think we all know the real reason I'm eating here...

ooey.png

That legendary Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake! I can't wait!

After lunch, I'll head over to Main Street to do a little shopping, eventually meandering on out of the park before the Festival of Fantasy Parade comes. Then I'll hop on the monorail for a little ride around the lagoon, with my final destination being the Polynesian. Why, do you ask? Well, it's time for yet another FIRST, of course!...

TraderSams-600x338.jpg

Trader Sam's! Ya'll, I don't even know what to order here. Rum is my liquor, and there's just SO many wonderful options here! It's going to be interesting to see what I end up with!

With a nice buzz happening, I'll catch the monorail to the TTC and transfer lines, because next I'm off to...

EPCOT_ECENTR3_7545355953.jpeg

Epcot! Time for a last bit of F&W nibbles, and hopefully @sunnysideup3 and I can find each other for a DISmeet! And then for the big show...

20140924_210805.jpg

Illuminations! Hands-down my favorite night-time show at Disney World. It has a special place in my heart. The first time I ever saw it was on the final night of my trip in January 2000. It was so just stunningly gorgeous, I found myself in tears as I watched. It was that moment that it clicked for me... I got it. I finally understood. I felt the MAGIC. And I fell hopelessly in love with Walt Disney World. :lovestruc

After the show wraps, I'll likely just chill where I'm at, and let the mass exodus of people dissipate a bit, since I'll be headed the opposite direction, towards the International Gateway then on back to my room for my final night sleeping in THIS bed...

bc-beds.png

Yep, this is my last night at the Beach Club! But never fear, there's still lots more fun yet to come on the following day!

When we arrived at the MK around 9am (rope drop) we headed over to Buzz and it was a total walk on at 9:20am. The line got a little longer after we had ridden it once, but not too bad. Space Mountain should be a walk on at 9am, too. You could always do the face painting then ride Buzz then use your 9am to 10am fp for Space Mountain near the end of the fp window. I've found that the CM will let you on the ride even if the fp window has expired.

Liberty Tree Tavern! Which happens to be another FIRST for me! And while for lunch I'm kinda eyeballing that pork belly BLT sandwich, I think we all know the real reason I'm eating here...
We eat here every trip. I hope you like it. ::yes::

Trader Sam's! Ya'll, I don't even know what to order here. Rum is my liquor, and there's just SO many wonderful options here! It's going to be interesting to see what I end up with!
We will be at the GF in December and might just mosey over to try this lounge. We are planning a relaxing vacation with mostly eating and visiting some of the lounges.

I'm bummed that we missed the Star Wars fireworks. We got rained out of them during our October trip and now there will be a lame Christmas party at DHS instead. :( I hope you get a chance to see them.

So glad to hear you all made it home safe and sound!!!!!

Can't believe your trip is only a few days away. It seems like its been over a year since you started this bad boy. Oh wait......:rolleyes1

Looks like you've got some great plans and more importantly great FOOD planned!!!! I can't wait to hear what you think about Yachtsman. I've totally been craving it lately and we went again on our last trip, that I've yet to even be able to start a report on, it did not disappoint. Your gonna be in total carnivore heaven. Plus you've got F&W, Trader Sam's, Captains Grill, and Ooey Gooey Cake!!!!! Yum, yum, yum!

Liberty Belle Riverboat! If I can make this happen, this will be another FIRST for me!

So funny. I have never been on this either. The departure times just never seem to work out...seems like whenever I have walked by it, the boat has just left. I hope you make it on the boat this trip!

Rum is my liquor, and there's just SO many wonderful options here!

OMG I am so with you. Rum fruity drinks are the best. And there they are soooo good..and mixed with the great atmosphere...can't lose with any of them!

Here doing replies so that I can procrastinate on all the cleaning I should be doing tonight.

Just for you and @Chicago Mo

cant-swim-disney-world-clown-water-slide-scary-demotivational-poster-1252807541-jpg.201265
DUDE. WHY.

But hey, have you ever seen it at night?

Untitled_1.png

SERIOUSLY, WHO AT DISNEY THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?!?!

I'm hoping to make it over there too. They have some glasses I want to get.
I'm actually leaning toward the mai tai because it's in a glass that I would actually happily re-use at home. (Also because I like mai tais.)

When we arrived at the MK around 9am (rope drop) we headed over to Buzz and it was a total walk on at 9:20am. The line got a little longer after we had ridden it once, but not too bad. Space Mountain should be a walk on at 9am, too. You could always do the face painting then ride Buzz then use your 9am to 10am fp for Space Mountain near the end of the fp window. I've found that the CM will let you on the ride even if the fp window has expired.
This is a great plan! Though I was already figuring I would probably be hitting Space Mountain towards the end of the FP window. It's all really going to depend on how long my breakfast at Crystal Palace takes! I can eat and be done relatively quickly, but I've found that often times it's more a matter of how long I have to wait for each character to make it over to me.

We eat here every trip. I hope you like it. ::yes::
I'm sure I will! I've never had a bad meal at Disney!

We will be at the GF in December and might just mosey over to try this lounge. We are planning a relaxing vacation with mostly eating and visiting some of the lounges.
I tried to get over to Trader Sam's on my last trip, but the timing just didn't work out. I was super bummed! That's why I built it into the schedule for this trip... Not missing out this time!

I'm bummed that we missed the Star Wars fireworks. We got rained out of them during our October trip and now there will be a lame Christmas party at DHS instead. :( I hope you get a chance to see them.
I will get to see them for sure because I booked the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party! I'm so excited!

So glad to hear you all made it home safe and sound!!!!!
Me too! It's been a CRAZY week for sure!

Can't believe your trip is only a few days away. It seems like its been over a year since you started this bad boy. Oh wait......:rolleyes1
Some of us have to PLAN and SAVE to make this stuff, happen! Which leads to a need to TALK about it! Don't judge me! :P

Looks like you've got some great plans and more importantly great FOOD planned!!!! I can't wait to hear what you think about Yachtsman. I've totally been craving it lately and we went again on our last trip, that I've yet to even be able to start a report on, it did not disappoint. Your gonna be in total carnivore heaven. Plus you've got F&W, Trader Sam's, Captains Grill, and Ooey Gooey Cake!!!!! Yum, yum, yum!
Not gonna lie, looking forward to the food more than pretty much anything else this whole trip!

So funny. I have never been on this either. The departure times just never seem to work out...seems like whenever I have walked by it, the boat has just left. I hope you make it on the boat this trip!
I hope so too! Would love to cross another item off the old Disney bucket list!

OMG I am so with you. Rum fruity drinks are the best. And there they are soooo good..and mixed with the great atmosphere...can't lose with any of them!
I 100% agree! I might need to have more than one...

It's actually been almost a year since my last trip! I haven't been since the first week of December 2015!

Has it really been that long?! It doesn't seem like it at all! (Well, it probably does to you, har har.)

I'm sure you've posted this already but I can't remember. Do you have any 'firsts experiences' on your priority list for this trip? (Edited - I should have kept reading - you've got a bunch of 'firsts' planned! How exciting!)

Has it really been that long?! It doesn't seem like it at all! (Well, it probably does to you, har har.)
It feels like it's been ONE MEELLION YEARS!!!

I'm sure you've posted this already but I can't remember. Do you have any 'firsts experiences' on your priority list for this trip? (Edited - I should have kept reading - you've got a bunch of 'firsts' planned! How exciting!)
I have lots of Firsts planned for this trip. I don't have an itemized list of those Firsts in my plans though, no. Hmm. I think I know how to slack off at work on Monday now!

Can you believe I haven't even started packing yet

Holy h e double hockey sticks dude. Ok you're probably packing by now... I'll calm down

Space Mountain! And yes, that's how it makes me feel! I have a total love/hate relationship with this ride!

Me too. I love the idea of it and have parts of it that I love, but there are also some parts where I think I'm gonna get flung off than dang ride and my entire life flashes before me and I have to remember my Lamaze breathing

That legendary Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake! I can't wait!

Yum! It will be mine someday in the not so far future

If you like Dole Whips try the Spikey Pineapple, it's a rum drink with dole whip, I'd get it "extra Spikey" with a 151 floater because it could have used an extra kick.

Yep, this is my last night at the Beach Club!

:sad1:

4 days to go!!!!!:yay:

This is the one dessert party that I would be tempted to book since it has more than just desserts on it.

I hope you have a great time. ::yes::
I am actually curious about all the different dessert parties, honestly! I figure this will be a good one to try out for my first one, and go from there. If I like it, then going forward I might make it a tradition to book one each trip.

Holy h e double hockey sticks dude. Ok you're probably packing by now... I'll calm down
I started about 30 minutes ago! Deep breaths, girl!

Me too. I love the idea of it and have parts of it that I love, but there are also some parts where I think I'm gonna get flung off than dang ride and my entire life flashes before me and I have to remember my Lamaze breathing
Yes, exactly!!!

Yum! It will be mine someday in the not so far future
Yes ma'am! I can't wait to finally try it!

If you like Dole Whips try the Spikey Pineapple, it's a rum drink with dole whip, I'd get it "extra Spikey" with a 151 floater because it could have used an extra kick.
Ooooh, that definitely sounds something I would like!

4 days to go!!!!!:yay:
I know, omg omg omg!

4 days until WDW! :hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

I've been a busy girl! Despite having to work yesterday, I still managed to get my apartment (mostly) clean this weekend, with just a few more jobs to do between now and Wednesday night. In my effort to avoid such unpleasant tasks, I've been spending a little more time on the DIS than I probably should. But the good news is that I got caught up on ya'll threads, and am ready to do the final update of my daily plans! Woo!

Oh, and tonight the packing finally commenced as well!

20161016_203451-1.jpg

Seriously though, if you revisit my last 2-3 PTR/TRs, I'm pretty sure Harley's fluffy butt is in all the suitcase pics. How would I ever get any packing done without him???

Okay, on to the plans!

Day%209%20Itin.png

This is what I think of as my Disney Bonus Day! I wrote a few weeks ago about how I decided to extend my trip a day, and booked an off-property hotel for one extra night. Well, this is that additional day! But that does mean my morning will start slightly sad, as it means I'll be checking out of the Beach Club. Boo! I'll do that first, and leave my luggage with Bell Services, then head over for my early breakfast ADR at...

cape-may-sign.png

Cape May Cafe! I went here for dinner back in 2009, but this will be my first time for breakfast and I'm super excited! Om nom nom! After having a yummy breakfast and fun times with Minnie and friends, I'll be on a bus headed for one more visit to...

20151209_081455-1.jpg

Magic Kingdom! Since by this point I hope to have cleared all my must-do rides and attractions, I made today's FPs all about characters! Specifically, my lady friends! First up?...

MK_TSFAIRIESBCHAR_7059268624.jpeg

Tinkerbelle! This is such a cute meet, I just love all the little details in the area.

I'll wander and people-watch and explore until my next FP+ to meet with...

MNSSHP_PFTHPURPLED2CHAR_7055454671.jpeg

Rapunzel! Who, for those who don't know, is my second favorite princess, right behind Belle! And from what I'm reading, her companion in Princess Fairytale Hall is now Tiana! Which I am SUPER excited about, because I've never ever met her before!

After that, more wandering and maybe even some snacking, just taking it slow until my third and final FP meet with...

MK_GROTTOACHAR_7059212425.jpeg

Ariel! She was my favorite when I was a little girl, and while she's moved down the ranking as I've grown up, I still have quite a soft spot for this little mermaid!

After that, it's just more wandering, shopping, and seeing when the wind blows me! Right up until my lunch ADR and DISmeet with @Jerusalem Gal over at...

tumblr_m9woupjqjl1qg7osw.jpg

This is another first for me, and I'm super excited! And to make it even better, I was able to land this reservation for a party of 2 as part of the new dining package for...

festival-of-fantasy-parade-022-M.jpg

The Festival of Fantasy parade! Normally the daytime parades don't do much for me, but I absolutely LOVE this one! I usually do the reserved ECV/wheelchair area over by the Hall of Presidents, so I'm really curious about the VIP area for this dining package, and the different view we'll have!

After the parade, I'll say good bye to @Jerusalem Gal and catch a bus over to...

STUDIO_SUNSET3_7057029805.jpeg

Hollywood Studios! With no real plan here, I'll continue to take it slow, and maybe try to hit anything I might have missed on the one other day I spent here. I'm sure I'll stop for dinner at some point, probably just quick-service along Sunset Boulevard, then head over to the main event...

fantasmic.png

Fantasmic! I thought I wasn't going to get to see this at all on this trip, as I had only planned the one night at HS and didn't want to miss the Star Wars fireworks. But thanks to my Bonus Disney Day, now I get to see both! Hooray!

After the show, I'll make my way out of the park with the masses, and catch a bus back over for one final farewell to...

bc-night.png

The Beach Club! Here I will return my ECV to Bell Services and let them know I'm also going to collect my luggage, go get my car from the parking lot and pull it around to be loaded up. Then I'll wave good-bye to Disney as I head off to Kissimmee to check in at...

comfortsuites.jpg

The Comfort Suites Maingate East, which is over near Old Town. I always have good experiences with Comfort Suites, so I'm expecting it to be a pretty easy night here.

After a good night's sleep, I'll get up early and take advantage of their complimentary breakfast, and then check-out and get on the road, headed back home after a SUPER AWESOME Disney vacation, and start counting down the days until the next one!

Last edited:
Last day. It's always so sad:( I am interested to hear how you like Beach Club. We will be going between Xmas and NYE. I decided I didn't want to hassle with traffic, so I booked Beach Club for the 30th & 31st, since we will spend NYE at Epcot. We have never stayed at the Epcot resorts. We also have a reservation there for November 2017 for my milestone birthday celebration:woohoo:, so that we can be close to Epcot for F&W.

The clown pool pictures are killing me :rotfl2: Its never bothered my kids but no way in hell would I EVER allow anything in the image of a clown in my house!!!
We have a lunch ADR next month at LTT for the same reason as you- Ooey Gooey toffee cake :goodvibes We ate there once a few years ago but I wasn't yet aware of this plateful of love so this will be a first for me. I'm also hoping to visit Ample Hills (hee hee) since they've conveniently located it so close to my resort........
Oh, and I hope you enjoy the Pixar shorts! I liked them all,but the first one in particular. Minnie says "Poughkeepsie" which is the town right next to me where my parents, myself, and my kids were born :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter