• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adulting is Hard, So I'm Running Away! ~ An Oct 2016 PTR ~ Update 10/19: Peace Out, Yo!

So that's that! We're all safe and sound, and will HOPEFULLY be back on the road headed home on Monday. Fingers crossed!

I'm glad you and the kitties got through this adventure okay, and I hope you'll be on your way home soon!

(because drinking at 8am is totally accpetable on vacation)

Yes. Yes it is. One of the many reasons why vacation is always better than not-vacation.

Lobster, Shrimp, and Scallop Roll. It just looks SO TASTY!

That looks like an amazingly yummy bunch of seafood!

Frozen Ever After! While I was sad to see Maelstrom go, I have to admit, I'm excited to check this out!

Yes!! I'm super jealous. I really want to see it!

Monsieur Paul! I don't see much about it on these boards, but it's one I've always been incredibly curious about. And it's probably the nicest restaurant I've EVER eaten at, too. So I'm really really excited for this one!

That should be an interesting ADR. It's not something a lot of people seem to talk about, but it looks like some good food. Hopefully you'll enjoy and be completely refueled for your awesome EMH plans!

HOWDY!
Well it's Tuesday i haven't seen anything posted on Facebook so i hope all is well and your town is back??
Glad to see the kitties aren't too freaked by the hotel room too.. I was worried for you!!

the lobster roll.. Had a couple of them.. they were tasteless.. sorry.. but i was very disappointed!

Ohh can't wait to hear how lovely the pool is!!!

Hang in there!
1af33bbe837b9b1d65c9ac632afc856f90796618695ce6561dfb09387fefac18.jpg

Stormalong Bay with a drink in hand :thumbsup2 That's what I want to do in November, and 8am is certainly not too early for a drink of any kind!

Steve and I did Ellen's Energy Adventure for the first time in August becuase, like you, I didn't want it to go away without never having done it. I do love Ellen so it wasn't a hardship and yes, it's long...........interested to see what you think afterwards :)

9 days until WDW! :hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

So I know I owe ya'll replies and a real update that includes Day 7's plans, but this is going to have to be short and sweet tonight! Me and the kitties made it safely home today to a totally undamaged apartment and the electricity was even already back on when we got here. Hooray! However, the cable and Internet are still out. Boooo. So no big reply posts or updates from me until that gets fixed. (Though if it's not back on tomorrow evening when I get home from work, I'm considering seeing if the coffeehouse I usually hang out at has opened back up and if their wi-fi is working yet). Sorry!

However, I couldn't let today go by completely unacknowledged. Why is that, you say? Well, I will tell you...

IT'S SINGLE DIGIT DAY, YA'LL!

Time to dance!

(And ya'll know who always dances for me on Single Digit Day!...)

UxJjs7Kah20OA.gif

3o7abldj0b3rxrZUxW_1.gif

r3xkESN1yMqfS.gif

Last edited:

So happy your safe and your apartment is undamged. I also hope your family was just as lucky.

Single digit dance!!!! Yahoooooo. Disney so soon!:cool1:

I LOVE THIS POST!!!!

Seriously, I could watch your dancing gifs all day. SO. FLIPPIN'. EXCITED!!! (and yes, I'm genuinely excited for you, but I might also be a teeny bit excited that my own single-digit day is barely a week behind yours!..... Maybe. :rolleyes:).

I'll bet the kitties are glad to be back in their own digs, although based on your photo, they were none the worse for wear on an unfamiliar hotel bed! :cat:

Yay!!! I'm so glad you and the kitties are home safe and that your apartment survived the storm! I hope you get your internet back soon! I can't wait to see the rest of your plans! My single digit dance day feels soooo far away but my double digit dance day is coming up soon! I know with the holidays and work being crazy for the next little bit it will go super fast!

So glad you're back home safe and sound! I bet it feels good to be home again. Glad there was no damage to your building :cool1:

Woo hoo !!!!! Single digits!!

giphy.gif

Me and the kitties made it safely home today to a totally undamaged apartment and the electricity was even already back on when we got here. Hooray!

That's wonderful news!

IT'S SINGLE DIGIT DAY, YA'LL!

Time to dance!

(And ya'll know who always dances for me on Single Digit Day!...)

UxJjs7Kah20OA.gif

Can't go wrong with that especially since he won his season of Dancing with the Stars (which just so happens to be one of my favorite shows ever)

I am so happy your safe! I hope the damage isn't to bad when you get back. This stuff is so scary! Also get home safe!

Plans as always look great!
Got home yesterday, all is well!

Glad you were safe during the hurricane! I hope you are able to go home soon! I'm going to try Tusker house breakfast on my next trip I saw it in one of your dining reports and was sold!
I love Tusker House breakfast in 2014! I'm so looking forward to doing it again in a little over a week!

That looks divine.

I'm so glad you are safe in your cozy hotel room! I'm sure it's frustrating not knowing what is going on at home though. Ugh.

Loving your plans though. The relaxing morning at BC sounds so nice. Right now actually...sigh!
My hotel room was quite cozy and comfy. I actually kinda miss it!

That's so great that the hotel owners are making an exception to their pet policy for hurricane evacuees - very nice of them. :thumbsup2

I've never hung out at Stormalong Bay either but am really looking forward to it next spring! I will have to check out Hurricane Hannah's. I'm thinking a morning relaxing by the pool while my parents do their own thing would be wonderful.

Hope your drive back home is much shorter and that you can get going very soon!
Yeah, I thought that was SUPER cool of the hotel management to let us keep our fur babies close! I really appreciated it.

Your morning at SAB sounds lovely. You'll have to wait a little while until Hurricane Hana opens up before you can have that drink. ;)
Doh, and I knew that! They open at 11am, that's why I was going to have lunch then. Oh well, I'll just have to have a cocktail with lunch, then!

Ellen is a cute show. It used to be one of our "must do's" every trip. ::yes::
I'm looking forward to finally seeing it!

Glad to hear you are safe and that your kitties have adjusted well. I am laughing at your being kicked off the bed, because my two kitties do that to me! I love reading your super-detailed plans, and I am IN AWE of your ability to go, go, go from sunup to sundown! I bow to you!!
My kitties rule the roost and they know it. They're such jerks. They're lucky they're so cute!

WOO HOO!!!!!!!! (18 for me, but who's counting....:rolleyes1)
We're ALL counting, girl! Our trips can't get here fast enough!

I heart this picture so much.... Look at those sweet furry faces, all content and curled up and happy! I have four of these critters myself; I'm a total cat sap. :flower3:paw: So cool that you could have them in your room; good call on the hotel's part!
They are pretty happy kitties, it's true. But they're also spoiled rotten, so they don't have much to complain about!

Aaaaand I love that the first item on your EP agenda is face painting!! :rotfl2: (and yes, I will have it done and YES!...I will post a pic for you!)
Sadly, that's now been removed on this day, due to my nice dinner that night at Monsieur Paul. I think I'm going to try and work it into the following day, though!

We did this a few times and my preferred method would be take the bus from
BC to MK, the bus will most likely be less crowded from there than taking it from Epcot. Then just catch the monorail to the Poly. But I love all things monorail and anytime I can get on it I will. I've also done the monorail from Epcot to the TTC and switched to the resort monorail from there which is pretty easy, a lot of it depends on the amount of people coming out of Epcot at the same time you are.
I think I'm gonna end up doing the bus from BC to MK then monorail. Was just hopping to cut down on forms of transportation because of the scooter.

Me too girl! Caramel over peanut butter all day long
Yessss! I totally agree!

Looking forward to hearing how you like this one
Looking forward to finding out how I like it, too!

I've been lurking on this ptr and just read your last trip report. Your plans look wonderful, and I'm so jealous that you are so close!!
Aww, thank you for unlurking! Glad to have you here!

So happy that you and your family are safe and that your cats have adjusted well. How wonderful for the hotel owners to accommodate evacuees' pets.
Your Epcot plans sound great.
I'm looking forward to your report on Stormalong Bay. It looks so wonderfully relaxing.
Yeah, the cats did really well and I was so thankful to have them nearby!

Hopefully you're on your way back home right now. I'm glad your friend has been keeping you posted on the local progress though.
We got on the road a day later than expected, but all went well!

We'll be there watching Wishes too...for the first time ever! I'm sure my face will be a little damp. Tears or sweat...I'm not telling. :)
In my case, sweaty tears, probably. I'm not ashamed!

SAY WHA????? That looks fabulous!
Doesn't it, though?!

Glad you're safe and sound, even if the whole ordeal is taking longer than expected. Hope that you find your home damage-free when you return.
I did, everything was fine at home!

Poor kitties :(
Yeah, they weren't happy, but they're no worse for the wear!

They all look completely cozy and chill.
I love them when they are all cozy and chill like that. I mean, I love them all the time, but they're harder to love when they're clawing furniture and climbing curtains.

Wow, this looks AMAZING! And a drink at 8am is TOTALLY okay on vacation ::yes::
I agree!

I love, love, love Bill Nye the Science Guy!
BILL, BILL, BILL, BILL, BILL!!
YAAASSSS! Bill! Bill! Bill! Bill! Bill!

I'm glad you and the kitties got through this adventure okay, and I hope you'll be on your way home soon!
We're home, and they're SO HAPPY!

That looks like an amazingly yummy bunch of seafood!
It does, doesn't it?

That should be an interesting ADR. It's not something a lot of people seem to talk about, but it looks like some good food. Hopefully you'll enjoy and be completely refueled for your awesome EMH plans!
I'm really curious about it! And the portions look relatively small, which is actually a good thing, since I'll be nomming on F&W booths all day. I figure it'll work just about perfect.

HOWDY!
Well it's Tuesday i haven't seen anything posted on Facebook so i hope all is well and your town is back??
Glad to see the kitties aren't too freaked by the hotel room too.. I was worried for you!!
We're home, safe and sound!

the lobster roll.. Had a couple of them.. they were tasteless.. sorry.. but i was very disappointed!
Nooo, say it isn't so!!! (Still gonna try one for myself anyhow!)

Ohh can't wait to hear how lovely the pool is!!!
I can't wait to find out how lovely it is for myself!

Hang in there!
1af33bbe837b9b1d65c9ac632afc856f90796618695ce6561dfb09387fefac18.jpg
Thanks, girl!

Stormalong Bay with a drink in hand :thumbsup2 That's what I want to do in November, and 8am is certainly not too early for a drink of any kind!

Steve and I did Ellen's Energy Adventure for the first time in August becuase, like you, I didn't want it to go away without never having done it. I do love Ellen so it wasn't a hardship and yes, it's long...........interested to see what you think afterwards :)
I've wanted to check out the Ellen ride on my last 3 trips, it just didn't fit in the schedule. This trip since I have so much Epcot time planned, it's the perfect time to finally do it!

So happy your safe and your apartment is undamged. I also hope your family was just as lucky.

Single digit dance!!!! Yahoooooo. Disney so soon!:cool1:
Yeah, my family's homes were all spared, too. We were super lucky!

I LOVE THIS POST!!!!

Seriously, I could watch your dancing gifs all day. SO. FLIPPIN'. EXCITED!!! (and yes, I'm genuinely excited for you, but I might also be a teeny bit excited that my own single-digit day is barely a week behind yours!..... Maybe. :rolleyes:).

I'll bet the kitties are glad to be back in their own digs, although based on your photo, they were none the worse for wear on an unfamiliar hotel bed! :cat:
It's almost time, giiiiirl! And yeah, they kitties did fine. They hated the actual traveling but they were fine otherwise!

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!

tumblr_m574hgKop11rvwq31o1_400.gif

tumblr_llax2rbRRS1qg87cc.gif

3601ab88b26b1b6de961b24718bf9d01.gif

tumblr_nieeeeXgyU1tf76g1o1_400.gif
Yeah, girl! Thanks for dancing with me!

Yay!!! I'm so glad you and the kitties are home safe and that your apartment survived the storm! I hope you get your internet back soon! I can't wait to see the rest of your plans! My single digit dance day feels soooo far away but my double digit dance day is coming up soon! I know with the holidays and work being crazy for the next little bit it will go super fast!
Yes, holidays will definitely make the time go by! That was actually the one little good thing about this whole evacuation fiasco... It knocked my countdown into single digits in a hurry!

Thank goodness you're back at home safe with your kitties! How is it single digit day already? WOW.
I know, right?! I can hardly believe it myself!

OMG, SINGLE DIGITS!! :hyper:
SO EXCITED!!!

So glad you're back home safe and sound! I bet it feels good to be home again. Glad there was no damage to your building :cool1:

Woo hoo !!!!! Single digits!!

giphy.gif
Thanks for dancing with me! And yes, as much as I enjoyed our little evacucation, it was really nice to sleep in my own bed last night!

WOOT WOOT!!!!

giphy-5-gif.200731

giphy-6-gif.200732
Yaaaay! Thanks for dancing with me! It's almost time, girl!!!

That's wonderful news!

Hooray! Thank you for dancing with me!

Can't go wrong with that especially since he won his season of Dancing with the Stars (which just so happens to be one of my favorite shows ever)
When it's time to single digit dance, Carlton is my FAVORITE!

8 days until WDW! :hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

So I still am without cable or internet at home. However, I'm also without food at home, due to having to throw away everything my fridge after the power was out for 3 days. So when my Mom invited me over for dinner tonight to her house that is full of internets, I said YES PLEASE and brought my laptop along. So now I'm caught up on replies, and am about to do the Day 7 Plans update that I should have done last night. (I'll get caught up on all your threads ASAP! Things have been pretty crazy!)

Here we go!

Day7%20Itin.png

That's right, ya'll! Today it's back to Epcot! But my morning will start with a short little walk next door over to the Yacht Club, with a delicious breakfast at Captain's Grille. After my yummy noms, then I'll head out to start my day at the park! I'm hoping to get done eating and get into the park into time to sneak in a few stand-by attraction, starting with...

figment.png

Journey into Imagination with Figment! I had to skip this on the last few trips, so I'm happy to finally see it again. Plus, I think if I skip it again, @cajunfan and @Chicago Mo might kill me in my sleep.

After that, I'd like to dip over and check out the...

pixar.png

Disney/Pixar Short Film Festival! I've heard good thigs about one of these, so I'm excited to see them!

After that, it will be time for my first FP+ over at...

soarin-sign.jpg

YES, MORE SOARIN' BECAUSE IT'S FREAKIN' AWESOME. Don't judge me!

Then if I wasn't able to squeeze it in earlier in the week, I'll use my next FP+ for...

living-w-land.png

Living with the Land! I don't have a huge interest in gardening or agriculture, but I still find this ride just fascinating and so relaxing!

Afterwards I might kill some time in MouseGear, since I can always find stuff in there to buy! Then when it's time for my final FP+, I'll head over to...

spaceship.png

Spaceship Earth! And we'll see where on the ride I get stuck... I ALWAYS get stuck on this ride! My favorite was when it was outside of Rome burning... I can still smell it!

With another successful morning in Future World, it will be time to head back to World Showcase to continue my country exploration and F&W nomming! Today I'll be hitting up any countries I didn't get to earlier in the week, and seeking out more goodies from my F&F wishlist.

By 4pm, I'll make my way back out of the International Gateway and to my room at the Beach Club for some rest and relaxation before getting ready to walk nextdoor again for that night's dinner ADR...

y2.jpg

This is definitely my most anticipated ADR! And it's pretty much all @kastoney 's fault. I mean seriously, ya'll...

ribeye.jpg

How freakin' delicious does that look?! I cannot wait!

After dinner, I'll head over for a little night time wandering over at...

boardwalk.png

The Boardwalk! And if I have enough belly space left, I would like to try some ice cream from...

ample-hills.png

Ample Hills Creamery! I've been checking out the menu here since it opened, and some of the flavors look just delicious!

After another full, fun day it will be about time to head back to the Beach Club and settle in for the night. :)

Yah for being safe and making it home! I can't believe your trip is so close. Can't wait to hear about Monsieur Paul. We have an early dinner ADR for New Year's Eve. It will be our first time to eat there.

I think if I skip it again, @cajunfan and @Chicago Mo might kill me in my sleep.

Your right..

200_s.gif

tumblr_mst5aqaq0F1s4omozo1_500.gif

tumblr_njb19sCfvw1s4jjovo1_400.gif

Yes. Figment!!! I love that purple dragon!!! and you should TOO!!!

BOARDWALK! Next time... Yes Next trip we will be staying there. hands down...

YUM!!! Creamery!!! I hope it's all that it's cracked up to be!!

I was looking around yesterday at Yachtsmen I thought they would have Beef Wellington.. They don't.

Happy your back in your house Happy your Mom had all your WiFi and FOOD!!

After another full, fun day it will be about time to head back to the Beach Club and settle in for the night.

Do you have a standard view room booked? We had a sv room and were able to see the Star Wars fireworks from our room. It was a third floor room that overlooked a huge roof and just past it was SAB. I was delighted to see the fireworks since we had gotten rained out of DHS and missed the close up version. You can also see the Star Wars fireworks from the beach area at the BC or in front of the YC.

If you have a garden view room that faces Epcot then you might be able to see some of the high fireworks from Illuminations. If you are out around the time the fireworks go ff you can get a good view from the bridge between the Boardwalk and Beach Club. Since you are spending the night in the Boardwalk area, this would be a good time to catch one of these or both of them. ::yes::

So glad you made it safely home and that the kitties were relatively okay with all the traveling. Our traffic has been crazy this week with all the people heading back to Savannah and coming right through Macon :P

Also holy crap single digits! Where has October gone???

I am so excited about all your plans, especially all the Epcot fun. I love that park! And though it's not as "wow" as the regular entrance, I really love the International Gateway. Especially early in the morning, it's sort of fun to walk through the empty countries to get to Future World. We also like getting breakfast in France, which is cool when World Showcase is mostly closed, too!

As for the Boardwalk, I will highly recommend the Butter Cake flavor from Ample Hills. So so so good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter