Adult Trip

Discussion in 'Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers' started by mommary, Nov 19, 2012.

1. mommary

mommary DIS Veteran

I am planning a adult trip for ( for 4) Oct 2013.
    We are thinking about renting a car for two days to explore outside WDW.
    I never leave the property and am at a loss as to where we should go.
    Of course the space center comes to mind but is it worth it?
    What about Daytona? We would drive an hour or two if its interesting.
    Any suggestions from you dis'ers would be greatly appreciated.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. artnerds

artnerds DIS Veteran

I am assuming you aren't interested in going to any of the other theme parks, so here are a couple of thoughts:

The Kennedy Space Center is a lot of fun and definitely reawakened in me that child-like sense of awe about space travel. It's a little more than an hour from WDW.

Leu Gardens (50 acre botanical garden) is stunning and no more than a 20 minute drive. If you want to just be somewhere beautiful for a few hours, this is a great choice.

4. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

I think the KSC is really interesting. Definitely devote a whole day to it. I also love Daytona, but I am partial because my DH and I have good friends that live there. They are both good choices for day trips away from the theme park.

Another thing that sounds fun to me, although I have yet to do it, is a visit to Celebration Florida. I know they have lots a restaurants and there is a segway tour there that is half of what it costs at Disney. It's on my bucket list.

5. jayrueck2wdw

jayrueck2wdw Novice DISboarder

Mommary--

Remember, you're really not much more than an hour from either coast. So if you like the beach, that is an option.

Jay

6. mommary

mommary DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone....... great suggestions!