ADRs on free dinning

paulh

<font color=blue>likes to have a beer<br><font col
Hope you have got them just tryed to chance a few times for the end of aug,and there is nothing avilable later for what we allready have got
Paulh

I was freaking out over dining reservations because everyone on this board was saying that it's been next to impossible to get the reservations they want. Yesterday was the last day for me to pay the rest of package off and the CM said the same thing over the phone, that they are calling everyone who is coming with free dining to tell them to make reservations because everywhere is pretty much booked. Well he transferred me to dining and I got all 10 table service meals where and when I wanted on the first try!!!! And I have a party of 5! I didn't have any trouble and a lot of the restaurants were wide open and I had quite a choice of times. I even got a Fantasmic package one night, which I thought would be impossible with the way everyone was talking on these boards. I just don't understand why everyone has gotten so freaked out over reservations. :confused3 I'm going in September, so maybe that's it. Anyway, I had no problem and got my top 10 dining choices, which include quite a few character dining meals.

So for anyone who is not a fanatical 6 month in advance planner, don't worry, you'll be fine. My family has always scheduled last minute and had no problem. The dining CM even made it sound like things were so open that I wouldn't have a problem changing restaurants the day of the reservation if I ended up in a different park or changed my mind.

Hope you all enjoy your free dining!

I think the *worry* is indeed, unwarranted. It's not a catastrophe if you cannot get reservations at the restaurant of your choice -- there are lots of restaurants, and unless you leave things to the last minute, you can almost always get reservations at some restaurant in the park that you'll be in on a certain day, and even if you do leave things to the last minute, there almost always will be a restaurant somewhere at WDW that has space available for you.

We'll be there Sept 22nd-30th. A little over a month ago I had to call to change all of our ADRs from two people to three. They made me cancel our old ones (since we would be going to a four people topper). I was able to get all of our ADRs rebooked to within a few minutes of our old times (except for of all places Whispering Canyon). There are no tables for three the night we want to go.

aubriee said:
There are no tables for three the night we want to go.
the ones it tryed to rearange were the hopde doo to a later time which was not available and to swap around concourse steak with wolfgang pucks.None of these were available to change.I am not saying that everyware is booked up but it looks hard to get what you want.We dont want the hastle of finding place on the day or just before
Paulh

what is the Fantasmic package? also first time using the ddp any suggestions for restaurants

This trip I will bring my cell phone with me and the Disney Dining number, to either cancel ADRs or make new ones if required. I cancelled 2-3 last trip but used Guest Services or the room phone which was slow.

PortieOwner said:
This trip I will bring my cell phone with me and the Disney Dining number, to either cancel ADRs or make new ones if required. I cancelled 2-3 last trip but used Guest Services or the room phone which was slow.

I have the dining number programmed into the phone book on my cell phone and have used it while I was down there more than once. If you go to the podium and they give you a return time that is too long, sometimes you can call the dining number and they can get you in (sometimes not, of course).

aubriee said:
We'll be there Sept 22nd-30th. A little over a month ago I had to call to change all of our ADRs from two people to three. They made me cancel our old ones (since we would be going to a four people topper). I was able to get all of our ADRs rebooked to within a few minutes of our old times (except for of all places Whispering Canyon). There are no tables for three the night we want to go.

wow we had an adr for 2 at 50's pt and for 2 at mama melrose for the same time (kids wanted to eat at 50's Dh and I at MM) and last week i decided to keep us all at 50's. They didnt make me cancel, they just cancelled MM's and made 50's for 4.

On that note, we wanted to change some adr's and could NOT GET ANY DECENT times. I mean, your in MK and you dont want to be eating during the parades or fireworks. You dont want to eat after MNSSHP starts, your kinda limited. Sure you can eat at 8pm lots of places if you book now, but you'll miss fantasmic, wishes, spectro etc.

Up to you, but i would bust butt making those asap. I think lunch is easier, you could always do CS for dinner...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!