ADR's Necessary 2/1-2/6?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by jennab, Jan 19, 2013.

1. jennab

jennab Mouseketeer

We will be at Disney 2/1-2/6 (4 adults and a 1yr old). Do you think it's necessary to make advance reservations? We have a free dining plan, so I want to use the benefit, but I don't want to be held down to a certain time. I have heard this is a less busier time. What is the likelihood we could just get into a restaurant at dinner (not one of the specialty ones that are always booked)? Just looking for some advice :)

2. julie4423

julie4423 Mouseketeer

I did a quick search, and there are several things still available. If you truly don't care where or when you eat, it could work. However, keep in mind that there might not be anything available in whatever park you're in and you might kill quite a bit of time walking around to find a place taking walk ups.

3. jennab

jennab Mouseketeer

Thanks! Yeah I keep going back and forth as to what we should do. We plan to do a couple special dinners and will make reservations for those but the other 2-3 nights maybe we will just end up lucky!

4. starsweeper

starsweeper DIS Veteran

We went in early Feb 4 years ago and had no problem calling ahead a few hours before we wanted to eat and getting reservations.