ADRs for late August finally set :) - feedback welcome!

staceylynnga

Mouseketeer
So we are returning to Disney the last week of August in the insane heat and I will be 29 weeks pregnant at the time. Crazy??? Probably! LOL But I'd rather go then with my 2 sons (who will be 4 and 19 months at the time) than go in January as we originally intended with a 2 month old.

I generally plan my Disney trips around my dining reservations though now with 2 kids, we definitely are trying to put what would be easiest with them first. Just a quick idea of who we are:

Me (just turned 36) - Type A, OCD mom of 2 wonderful boys with another baby (gender still a mystery! - should know in about 10 weeks) on the way. I am the planner and thankfully my Dave puts up with my over exuberance in planning this trip. I love all kinds of food, especially seafood, sushi (though not right now :sad2:), and almost every type of international cuisine.

Dave (still 35) - my DH; my wonderful, creative genius of a husband (he's a nerd who works in IT) who thankfully doesn't think I'm nutty for planning a Disney trip in the worst heat of the summer while pregnant. His dining tastes mirror mine (thankfully) but he's a bit more of a sushi fan I think. Unfortunately, none this trip.

Nathan (will be 4 in July) - DS - my sweet OCD (like mama!) son who hopefully will not be afraid of the characters this time around. Not the greatest eater, but bribery works occasionally :).

Brendan (turned 1 in January) - DS2 - my other sweet boy; still not walking at 15 months and only 1 tooth through the gums. He better be walking by then! LOL He is my bottomless pit, will eat anything BUT he also has the dreaded food allergies - dairy, eggs, peanuts. Hoping he can outgrow at least the dairy over time. Until then, it's soy milk and margarine for my baby.

------------

We arrive Sat 8/27 for 7 nights at POP - both Saturdays are driving days so we only bought a 6 day MYW ticket (no PH).

Sun 8/28 - plan to visit DHS and then a 530 p.m. dinner at Captain's Grill (first time) at the YC. Hoping we may have time to catch Fantasmic at 830 that night.

Mon 8/29 - AK during the day and then 650 p.m. res at Boma (return visit!!)

Tues 8/30 - MK during the day and then HDDR at 715 p.m., Cat 3 seating (return visit!! We loved this in 2009)

Wed 8/31 - EPCOT during the day and then 650 p.m. res at Garden Grill in the Land

Thurs 9/1 - MK again followed by 610 p.m. res at Crystal Palace (went for breakfast last time - trying dinner - they seem to have a lot of different choices vs. Chef Mickey's, etc...)

Fri 9/2 - possible return to DHS and then 645 p.m. res at Cape May Cafe for the Clambake (did breakfast here in 1998, first time for dinner!)

I would love to hear any specific thoughts on favorite foods or any other suggestions or comments you have, thanks!!!!

It looks like a lot of fun.

My only thought is that quite a few of the dinner reservations look late. I don't know about your kids, obviously, but I try to keep mine on a pretty normal schedule even on vacation. They normally go to bed at 8:00 so dinner needs to be done by 6:00. I'd be worried about melt downs at dinner with reservations too late. But then again, maybe your kids normally eat later like this. Only you can guess how they'll be at this time of night.

We went last summer at the end of August with our three sons. The youngest was 1 1/2. We planned our sit down meals mostly for lunch. He still had a really hard time sitting for that long at so many table service meals. Even buffets can take quite a while. But we don't really eat out much at home, so we were asking him to do something he wasn't used to doing.

Good luck.

We usually eat dinner at 6ish. Plus we don't go from morning to night. Generally we are at the parks from 830 to about 3, then back to the hotel for a nap and showers before heading to dinner. I was originally concerned about the time but it is August and the sun doesn't go down until after 9.

Plus when we went in 09 with my then 18 month old, we had similar dining times and did fine. The only bad one was a 730 at Le Cellier and we didn't get seated until after 8.

It looks awesome to me! :dance3: You have chosen lots of places that your little ones should love, too.

I love seafood, so the Clam Bake is one of my favorites! And the Hoop Dee Doo is a lot of fun, too!

Crowds should be really low around that time of year. You should be able to do a lot with your little ones. My daughter loves the playgrounds at every park. If you haven't checked out the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground at DHS and the Boneyard Dig Site at AK, make sure you do!

We LOVED the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground at DHS! I think we spent an hour there our last trip. Have to check out the boneyard this time too.

Actually just changed 1 res time - moved Boma from 650 to 615 p.m. I noticed in 2009 we generally ate at 7 each night and this was in January. But I think I'll move that one up b/c we generally don't need all day at AK. We always try to catch some nap time in between; although maybe this trip, we may use the pools at POP. May be a good idea given the time of year and my state of being at the time :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter