1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

ADR's and removing a person from reservation

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by michellelovesthemous, Jul 14, 2013.

1. michellelovesthemous

michellelovesthemous DIS Veteran

Due to a possible medical issue with my dad mum may not be able to come on our trip in 33 days so I was wondering how I will sort out 16 days if dining ADR's of 3 on the dining plan when it becomes potentially only two???.:confused3 the paid in full reservation is a horse of a different color and I haven"t even started to think that one thru, part of me wants to believe that all will get better since we still have a month to go. Any advice will be much appreciated.

2. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

For most of the ADRS, it won't really be a problem. You can call and see if they can change the ADR, otherwise just tell the CM at check-in the correct number and you should be fine. It easier to reduce the party size (i.e., go from 3 to 2). For the credit card guarantee places, it won't be a problem either. You won't be charged as long as one of you shows up for the reservation. I don't know what happens at the pre-paid places, so those I would try to correct before the day. I've had ADRs for 4 before, but only 3 showed up and it wasn't a problem.

3. michellelovesthemous

michellelovesthemous DIS Veteran

We are on the dining plan so that is also my concern too. Thank you for your response!

4. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

Modifying your resort reservation is very different. If you change your reservation after the 45-day mark (when full payment is due), you can be charged a penalty fee (I think it's $50). You cannot remove a person from the DDP at check-in, so at that point you'll still have to pay for their tickets and dining plan.