1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

ADRs AFTER Park Hours

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by jkrislc, Nov 18, 2012.

1. jkrislc

jkrislc DIS Veteran

I have an ADR at DHS at 8:20 p.m. on a night that the park closes at 8 p.m. I was fine with this until I read that the resort busses stop running one hour after park closing. Is this true? If so, then we'll need to cancel as I don't want to have to pay for a taxi to get back to our resort. In addition, we won't have a booster seat with us for DS.

Thanks in advance.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Niewoe

Niewoe Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting this question!! I have an ADR at Boma at 6:30 on a night that AK closes at 6. Thought I was planning well for that one! Does anyone know if buses run from AK or AKL after the park closes?

4. jkrislc

jkrislc DIS Veteran

Hopefully we'll get a response.

As for your question, I'm confused. Boma is at AKL, so why does an early closing of AK matter? If you're at another resort, you'll need to take the AKL bus to another park or Downtown Disney and then connect to your resort bus from there. Pick whichever is closest. If all the parks are closed, then Downtown Disney is your only bus option that I know of as those busses run late (11 pm or even later).

5. Niewoe

Niewoe Mouseketeer

Oh my goodness!! That would make sense about AKL... Thank you. Not sure where my brain was earlier!

As for your dilemma... Do the boats stop running at the same time the buses do? If not, and you really wanted to keep your ADR, you could hop a boat to one of the resorts or EP? Just a thought... But, as you may have realized, my brain may already be on vacation!! Good luck!!

6. jkrislc

jkrislc DIS Veteran

My understanding is that the boats stop even earlier than the busses.

I have some hope as one of the threads suggested that a cast member stays in the bus area to ensure that you aren't stranded, but I wanted to confirm this since my reservation options are limited as we decided rather late to do WDW before our cruise on the Fantasy.

7. NicoleK1974

NicoleK1974 Mouseketeer

We had a similar issue last year and I really started to panic when walking out of HS and we were only seeing castmembers in the park.
    I was on the phone with our resort asking what we could do since I assumed all of the busses for the night were gone, when another set of busses came alone and we were able to get one one.
    This was about 90 minutes after park closing because Sci-Fi was running nearly 45 minutes past their reservation time.
    Just keep your resorts phone number plugged into your phone and they will always help you out.

We had the opposite problem as well with an early ressie....the busses weren't up yet (which was our chosen method of transportation), due to incorrect info given to us by a castmember but as soon as I said "it's ok, we will just grab a taxi" they insisted we stay there at the TTC and they got a bus to take just us and another family over to the park.

I think they try their best to go out of their way to help anytime they can.

8. jkrislc

jkrislc DIS Veteran

Thank you, Nicole. That's a bit more reassuring.

9. dvcterry

dvcterry DIS Veteran

We likewise had a similar problem. Did not have a problem getting back to resort for late adr after park closing. It was the early adr to Animal Kingdom for our Animal Trek. Every bus came and went for the full hour before, luckily we had our car. Never had a problem at park closing. In fact, we like walking through the park when it's empty.

10. River Country

River Country DIS Jedi

1. keep your resort phone number handy
    2. keep a taxi cab number handy
    3. depending on where you are in WDW there are always busses running to DTD and from there you can always transfer to your resort. at least until like 2AM i think.
    4. Sleep on the ground outside the park you are at and you will be first for Rope Drop in the AM:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

11. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

Just an FYI there are no phone numbers you can call to get " your resort." All phone numbers will route you to a call center, where they will typically pretend they are answering from the resort (but they may not even be in Florida!)

PP are correct, Disney will never leave you stranded at a park. You may just have to take a bus to DTD and then one to your resort.

12. AlohaAnnie

AlohaAnnie DIS Veteran

You can walk to Boardwalk area from HS if necessary and catch a bus to DTD and then to your resort. Just a suggestion but I am sure there is an easier option. In my experience, most CM's will not leave you stranded.

When we have had early morning reservations without a car, we ask our resort front desk what we should do.

We had early morning reservation for Chef Mickey's and we were told to get on a bus for MK and ask them if they could drop us off at Contemporary because we had breakfast with Mickey. It was done and we felt special. Very nice.

:goodvibes

13. Keegansmommy

Keegansmommy Mouseketeer

This happened to us a few years ago when we were eating at Rainforest at AK. We had late ressies and didn't even think about the bus until we were done with our meal. We began to slightly panic thinking we'd be stranded and the waitstaff assured us that Disney makes sure all guests get where they need to go and we would not be stranded. As promised, we were just fine. :)

14. Niewoe

Niewoe Mouseketeer

So reassuring!! Thanks for the info!

15. Neelloc

Neelloc I'm still 716, I'm still Buffalo!

They will NOT strand you at the park. There will be a bus to take you back to your resort.

We had at 7:30pm adr at Mama Melrose on a night that DHS closed at 8pm. We weren't done until 8:45pm, then walked over to catch the last few minutes of Osborne Lights. Those went off at 9pm. Then we made our way to the front of the park. Lingered to take pictures and there were still busses at 9:45pm and 2 CM's with radios asking which resort you needed to go to. I can assure you that we were not the last ones out of the park....we saw many people still shopping and taking pictures.

16. Neelloc

Neelloc I'm still 716, I'm still Buffalo!

If you are AK you can certainly take a bus from there to AKL for your adr. The busses will continue to run until all guests go where they need to go.