ADR plans for park newbies!

QueenQueso

Mouseketeer
We are planning a September trip, staying at AoA for 6 days. I'm not planning on purchasing park hoppers, so we will have to do restraunts in the parks we're going to (or not inside of any of the parks). We will be able to do two parks twice, I was thinking MK and Epcot. Hoping to have one meal at CRT, we have two boys age 7 and not-quite-2. We will also be travelling with my grandma.

So, what places are your top 'must eats' in each area? Breakfast, lunch or dinner at each place?

Definately make your dining reservations early...5 to 6 months in advance, and you will get your choice. If you wait until 1 to 2 months prior...choices will be less and possible no ressies left at the busiest places (CRT & Be Our Guest & Crystal Palace) at Magic Kingdom.
Reservations will book fast at those places.

I love Character Meals, most of my suggestions are Character meals.
Crystal Palace is a Character buffet with Pooh and friends. I have enjoyed Breakfast, Lunch, and dinner here.
Liberty Tree Tavern in Magic Kingdom for dinner is good.
A colonial style decorated restaurant, food is served family style and is all very good. No characters here.

Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary is a fun buffet Character meal, that can be reached by Monorail from Magic Kingdom. It is always busy there. Breakfast or dinner either one is good.

Same for 1900 Park Faire at the Grand Floridian. Another great Character buffet. Breakfast at PF features Alice, Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Pooh, Tigger & Eyeore.
Supper at PF features Cinderella and her family...Prince Charming, Step Mother, Step sisters. The strawberry soup here is to die for!

Ohana at the Polynesian is another great Character Meal for Breakfast. Reachable by Monorail, Characters are dressed in Luau attire.
The Press Pot coffee is to die for. It costs extra but if you love coffee, it's fantastic. The picture they take out front is NOT included.

In Epcot...so many fantastic restaurants to pick.
There are only a couple character meals to choose in Epcot.

Garden Grill is a Character Meal with Characters dressed in Farm attire.
They serve it family style at your table. THey only serve supper here.

Coral Reef is another good restaurant in Epcot with big Aquariums. Kids seem to like. No characters but lots of fish to observe. Lunch and dinner is served here

Akershus in Norway is a meal with Princesses. Costs only 1 dining credit and the picture package is included no extra charge! Similar to CRT but costs only 1 dining credit. They have breakfast, lunch and dinner at Akershus.

Right next door to Epcot is Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club.
They have a really nice Breakfast Buffet with Characters.
You can get there by exiting Epcot in the World section by France and walk to Beach Club takes just a few minutes.
Or you can go to Beach Club first and then walk over to Epcot.

If you decide to go to Animal Kingdom...Donald's Safari breakfast at Tusker House is a really great breakfast buffet with characters in safari attire. It is one of me and my son's favorites.

I start by making an itinerary, planning which park to do each day based on Extra Magic Hours. I make a file on my computer listing each day and which park and the park hours...then I add in the dining reservatons with confirmation numbers.

No matter what don't miss the opening ceremony of Magic Kingdom.
The park is opened with a show and we never miss it. Get to Magic Kingdom 1/2 hr before park opening so you get up and thru the turnstiles and find a spot.

Sry for being so long winded LOL. I love the Disney Dining Plan, and the Disney Table service restaurants. We never do Quick service except to pick up some additional snacks like Dole Whip and Mickey Ice Cream bars, and snack around the World in Epcot trying different things. :)

I would do the same with the 2 days - MK and EPCOT. EPCOT is a lot of ground to cover in 1 day.
Our favorite in EPCOT is the Biergarten and our favorite in Hollywood Studios is 50's Prime Time Cafe - those are our 2 must do's every trip.
We also really enjoy the Crystal Palace in MK and are trying breakfast there our next trip to get into the park 1 hour early. I am not a big fan of anything at AK so I would only do Rainforest Cafe there. Have a great time!

MK = Crystal Palace Breakfast with Pooh in Friends. This is our family tradition.
Wide variety of delicious breakfast food.This is a hit with my children. They have been going since 5 years old. We usually get an 8:05 am ressie on a non morning EMH day. Their should be a bus leaving early for character breakfasts from your resort. You can verify this with the front desk at AOA. we have done this from BCV and ACV. Great way to beat the crowds. they allowed us in MK around 7:45 and we were able to get a few pictures on main street.

We have also eaten at CRT and this was also a really memorable experience. The food was very good also.

We have also eaten at Chef Mickeys. My children loved the characters and the Contemporary. This was a great experience for them. They kept asking to ride the elevators. It was Thanksgiving Dinner with traditional TG fare that was really quit good but I have read some bad reviews on the food.

We did not enjoy 1900 fare dinner and were seated in a very cramped and loud side room not in the middle of the banter between characters and the food was not good. I would not go back because it was too expensive to risk getting seated where we did again and the food was just kind of gross.

In Epcot we have enjoyed Le Cellier, and Chefs De France lunch where we got to see Remi and I have heard great reviews about Via Napoli and La Hacienda. I hope to try these on our next trip.

Cape May Café outside of Epcot at BC has a great character breakfast with a large variety of breakfast food with Minnie and Friends.

Holly wood Studios = 50's Prime Time - great experience and good food.
Starring Rolls Café has great quick service muffins and deserts.

I am not a big fan of the AK restaurants but I have not yet tried Yak and Yeti.

Restuarants that I will not repeat = Tony's, tusker house, 1900 fare, Jiko, and I don't want to repeat Rain forest café but I may lose out to my kids on this one.

Must do's for my family are 50s Prime Time, Crystal Palace, Cape May, chefs de france.

Would really like too try La Hacienda and Via Napoli in Epcot, and Kona Café at Polynesian for dinner.

We usually drive to resort restaurants and tell the attendant that we have a dinner reservation. Otherwise you can take ferry boat or Monorail from Mk to Contemporary, GF, and Poly. From Epcot you can walk to Bc or take ferry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter