ADR Guest Count Question

Badge

Mouseketeer
I managed to secure a lunch ADR for BOG at 2:05pm for two.

Recently, my best friend told me her family is going to be coming down the same dates we are there and since they haven't been in years, I tried to get them an ADR for BOG around the same time as us so we could eat together. However, they are of course sold out.

The problem is, her group is a party of 5 so that would mean we would need seating for 7! How accommodating is Disney when it comes to things like this? Is it possible to just show up, tell the CM my party size grew by 5 and still be ok? I don't care if we have to wait a little bit once we get there if it means we can sit close together. Not expecting a table for 7, but two tables would be fine.

I managed to secure a lunch ADR for BOG at 2:05pm for two.

Recently, my best friend told me her family is going to be coming down the same dates we are there and since they haven't been in years, I tried to get them an ADR for BOG around the same time as us so we could eat together. However, they are of course sold out.

The problem is, her group is a party of 5 so that would mean we would need seating for 7! How accommodating is Disney when it comes to things like this? Is it possible to just show up, tell the CM my party size grew by 5 and still be ok? I don't care if we have to wait a little bit once we get there if it means we can sit close together. Not expecting a table for 7, but two tables would be fine.
BOG is a counter service at lunch, so you find your own table. However, since your party is increasing by so much, and the restaurant is so popular, it is very possible they will not be allowed in with you. They should attempt to get an ADR for a time overlapping yours.
Denise

That's what I feared. I guess it never hurts to try though if they can't find one before we go. Will keep checking daily.

On a somewhat related question about BOG for my Sept trip. I notice that nearly every day I am going I can get an ADR for a table for 1 for quite a few time frames each day. However, if I increase it to just two people, they say they are sold out. Call me crazy but I have never seen a table set for just one person so it seems crazy I can't get an ADR for two. If I book an ADR for one person, is getting in with two people going to be a problem? Taking a person that has NEVER been to Disney before and I consider this place a must eat for a newbie!

I think it might be a little difficult to get a party of 7 in on a reservation for 2.

Any time you show up with more people on the reservation, you should have in mind what you will do if the extra persons are turned away. It is rare though. Adding one more person is usually not an issue. If you are talking about lunch, they do not set the tables, guests will seat themselves, so they are using some other kind of criteria.

Your talking about going from a table meant for 2 to a table meant for 8.... Chances are slim and none.

I'd make other arrangements.

In response to your second query, it's just the way BOG lunch works, because I think the system counts the number of people entering the restaurant as opposed to available tables. There are no tables at BOG just for one, so go ahead and book two separate parties of one near the same time under different accounts, and you'll be able to sit together.

In response to your second query, it's just the way BOG lunch works, because I think the system counts the number of people entering the restaurant as opposed to available tables. There are no tables at BOG just for one, so go ahead and book two separate parties of one near the same time under different accounts, and you'll be able to sit together.

I booked one reservation for the day we arrive. It is an ADR for one. I tried to book another one for the same day with a different account but the time difference is to big (11:20 compared to my ADR at 12:55). Just have to hope they let us both in. I can't see it being a problem because no matter what I need a table that normally sits two people anyway because they don't have tables that only hold one person.

Going to hold off on booking any more at BOG for the time being and just keep checking for ADR's that open up for two people (and hopefully one that seats 7 in June!). Hopefully they extend breakfast (and keep it quick service credit) so I can snag one before they fill up in Sept!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter