• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? ADR for solo at Le Cellier

Kata

DIS Veteran
Has anyone else had trouble getting an ADR for Le Cellier for 1 or 2 people?
I already have one ADR for lunch that I booked at 90 days out but the day I scheduled it for isn't going to work out,I also was lucky enough to book a CP package when they 1st came out for Le Cellier but I wanted to do lunch there also, I have tried multiple dates and would take any time but they tell me they don't have any tables for a party my size only 3 or 4 people.Well please don't flame me but has anyone ever booked a table for 3 and then went alone?I really don't feel I should be punished for traveling solo and I think I am organized enough to call far in advance I should be given a table .I don't think it is fair to save it for a larger party who can call on short notice and given a table at a hard to get restaurant.
Thanks!!! :)

Kata,

All's fair in love and war and ADRs. You can be sure there are others who have multiple ADRs on the same days at the same times. Some will have the courtesy to call ahead and cancel once their plans solidify, and some will not thus making a walk-in very happy. You do whatever you have to do to make your vacation special. Reserve a table for 3-4 even if it's really just for you. There's no shame in having the foresight to know when and where you want to eat. The 3-4 people who could be eating at that table could have made a ressie by now as well, and they didn't. Solo travelers have been punished long enough than to worry about vanity. Have fun!

I actually had a CM tell me if I wanted LeCellier for 2 to book for 4 in order to be able to get a table.

Do they not have tables for 2 at LeCellier? I would think a lot of couples (and solos) would be going there.

Strange.

NCombs said:
Do they not have tables for 2 at LeCellier? I would think a lot of couples (and solos) would be going there.

Strange.

I didn't have a problem getting a dinner reservation for a solo on December 11th and a dinner reservation for two on December 29th - maybe they just have a small number of small tables? :confused3: My times Are late-ish in the evening though, come to think of it, and I don't recall being offered a selection of times for that particular restaurant. I've never been before so don't know. Best of luck with your reservation Kata, my fingers are crossed that you find a solution :flower: Have a great trip and don't forget to post dining reviews for us insatiable DISers! :rotfl:

I went down there solo this past May and called at 90 days for my ADRs. I asked for a table for one at Le Cellier for as early as possible for lunch and was given a choice of times.

Thanks for all your advice I really appreciate it,I was lucky enought to get one lunch date at 90 days out but any efforts to change the date soon after making the ADR have been unsuccessful and I have tried different dates and will take any time and I am going during value season so I am starting to worry that it is going to be really busy.
Thanks!!! :)

Today my travel agent was able to get me a reservation at Le Cellier for one for dinner this coming Wednesday. I had decided last minute that I wanted to try it out, and was sorry to see it was booked for the entire week. Either I'ver got the world's best travel agent (she specializes in Disney) or they just opened up some times. Either way, it seems to pay to keep trying.

I feel so lucky after reading this thread that I got my CP for Dec.15 at LeCeller for 1 SOLO. In fact I have all my ADR's for Dec. I was able to make at the 90+10 window. I even got Chef Mickey's for Breakfast was so shocked. Yes getting a good time for a Solo is very hard. This time around I was so pleased. They do seem to punish Solo's. With the 180 coming it will be even harder I believe. I still think this will cause a nightmare. Should have been left at 90+10 but makr hours show at 120 days(4 months).

There aren't many tables for 2 in Le Cellier so that may be why it can be hard to get an ADR for one. We actually made an ADR for 3 for our honeymoon trip so we could eat dinner there and checked in with only 2 of us. Our table for 2 was ready in 5 min. The hostess didn't seem to have a problem with there only being 2 of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter