ADR Boma and walk up

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by dlf246, Oct 6, 2011.

1. dlf246

dlf246 Mouseketeer

I've searched Boma on both main forum and this, and have a specific and general question.
    Specific: On a Thursday night, how possible is it to walk up to Boma Flavor of Africa and get a table in less than 30 minutes?

General: Is there a way to get the answer to this question for other restaurants? i.e. a website, or particular thread that guides you on which restaurants you don't have a prayer to "walk up" to, which you might, and which you likely can get a seat?

Thanks to all!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Mom-2-2Princesses

Mom-2-2Princesses Mouseketeer

We have been successful with walking up to Boma in the past (on a weekend night, actually). The key was to arrive right at opening. I had tried and tried to get an ADR with no luck, and a cast member suggested that we try a walk up, but to do it as soon as the restaurant opened for dinner. We did, and they were able to seat us immediately. The place filled up very quickly, though, so had we tried to do it any later, no way would it have worked.

Good luck!

4. Nadjalu

Nadjalu DIS Veteran

Sorry to be honest there is no way to know. Most likely you won't be sat as a walk up at any restaurant within 30mins.

Boma is a popular place and during meal times, free dining times and busy times of the year you can bet you will have more like a 2 hour wait....IF they allow walk ups.

Sorry, just being honest.

5. dlf246

dlf246 Mouseketeer

Thank you (and Mom2 2Princesses) for your posts. I had wondered why our TA was pushing to know our ADR requests.... now I understand!

But what did you mean by "free dining times"?

6. TDC Nala

TDC Nala 1937, what a year that was

There is no way to accurately answer that question for any restaurant, as it completely depends on how busy the restaurant is on any given night.

"Free dining times" is anytime WDW is offering its free dining promotion (guests booking a full price room plus tickets package on this promotion get a Disney dining plan at no extra cost). That's pretty much from now until the end of this year, plus various dates in January, February and March.

7. revmommy

revmommy Earning My Ears

Although I've never tried a walk-up at Boma, I have successfully gotten last minute ADRs for a party of 10 or 11 on several occasions. Just try calling before you go (Disney Dining is on speed-dial on my cell phone). Also, my experience with Boma is that the closer to opening the greater chance of getting seated quickly.

8. lovin'fl

lovin'fl DIS Veteran

From a 2010 WDW Dining Guide book, here is the list of places you have the best shot to walk up to and get in:
    Biergarten
    Big River Grille
    ESPN Club
    Hollywood Brown Derby
    House of Blues
    Il Mulino NY Trattoria
    Portobello
    Raglan Rd
    Yachtsman

9. dlf246

dlf246 Mouseketeer

Thanks to all!

10. The_Banking_Scot

The_Banking_Scot Mouseketeer

Hi,

I tried a walk up at Boma ( at 8pm on Sunday 9th October ) for 1 person and was told it would likely be a 45-60minute wait. I was able to phone reservations and get an ADR for the following night at 825pm.

Regards

TBS