ADR and MK Hours Change

Unser99

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone.

I apologize if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything.

When making our dining reservations for MK, it wasn't scheduled to open until 9 am and we were able to get an 8 am reservation at BOG.

They've now changed the hours so MK opens at 8 and I'm wondering if we should keep our reservation or use that hour to ride rides in hopes it's not as crowded? This is my family's first trip to Disney and I'll be traveling with my wife and 2 daughters, ages 6 and 4.

There are no additional reservations at BOG for any meal, so if I cancel, it's unlikely we'll get to experience BOG, although I'm not sure if it's a "must visit".

Thanks!

Tough question. This one has hit a lot of people when Disney changes the opening hours after they have made ADRs based on current available information.
Missing Rope Drop, the rides will be more crowded by the time you are done with breakfast. However, depending on what rides you want to do and what FPs you have, can make up for some of that.
In the end, it comes down to a decision that only you and the family can make.
Which is more improtant to you:
Breakfast at the castle
Being there at Rope Drop for the rides.

This is actually an all too common thread.
This is why I would not recommend making a PPO ADR at MK unless you don't mind the potential for park hours to change.
I personally wouldn't go to BOG for breakfast. I enjoy lunch there.
I myself would cancel that breakfast in a heartbeat to take advantage of the first couple of hours.

I vote cancel. That rope drop hour is valuable to us so we prefer to not be eating during it if at all possible.

And while I like BOG, the breakfast there is not enough for me to give up rope drop time.

The first hour of touring, especially with EMH is wonderful. You can get so much done early in the day.

Breakfast at BOG is... eh. Quality and quantity don't match the cost at all.

So my suggestion is to cancel breakfast and use that time to hit rides. Set up a request on the Touring Plans reservation finder and keep checking yourself and try to get a lunch instead.

For your first trip? See the opening show in front of the castle and enjoy lighter crowds. Scrambled eggs are scrambled eggs.

In my opinion, the main value of BOG is to get a head start touring if you finish breakfast before the park opens. I would cancel.

I also vote cancel. Especially Based on ages of your kids. SO much can be done in Fantasyland in that first hour.

I vote cancel as well. We made one also knowing full well that we would cancel if hours changed. Fortunately (or unfortunately, however you want to look at it) our day did not change so we stuck with it so we can (hopefully) grab a ride on 7DMT before the rope drop crowd hits.

If you made the ADR in hopes of getting into MK early and having an advantage over others, cancel it. If you made it to eat at BOG, keep it. I've had both breakfast and lunch there and don't think it's worth it but that's not a popular opinion.

Another cancel vote here as well. The 8:00am PPO ADR at BOG (can I fit anymore acronyms in one sentence???) is really only worthwhile on a 9am park opening day. The breakfast at BOG is mediocre at best and barely worth it at any time, so definitely not worth it when you could be enjoying some great ride time between 8:00 and 9:00am. If you really want to try BOG, you can try to get a little bit later breakfast or I also recommend Crystal Palace, it's my favourite MK breakfast.

Thanks, everyone!

I think I will end up cancelling and see if we can snag a lunch there that day or on Friday when we visit MK again. I guess one way to look at it is the kids aren't going to know what they are "missing" at BOG if we don't get to go there and I'm sure they'd have a great time riding the rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter