Admit it. You're a grown-up who still watches kids shows.

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by JohnMouse, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

I loved Bear in the Big Blue House back in the day. I was sad when it disappeared.

I always liked Sesame Street too. I love the Muppets!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. newt2

newt2 Mouseketeer

Last weekend the Disney channel was running several hours of Good Luck Charlie back to back. I was reading and my kid was watching the show.

After an episode or two she went shopping with Mom for Christmas. I left the Disney channel on and watched the next three episodes.... not sure why.... ugh.. :)

I actually like Phineas and Ferb though. :)

4. cari12

cari12 DIS Veteran

Of course! I like Good Luck Charlie, iCarly, Imagination Movers, Lab Rats and I love taking the kids to the movies to see the latest kids movies (DH and I enjoy them as much as the kids).

5. rszdtrvl

rszdtrvl DIS Veteran

I was gonna say that I love "Ned's DeClassified", "Drake and Josh", "Zoey 101", and still watch "ICarly" on occasion.

But those are considered "teen" shows.

As for kids shows, nope. My son is 16 and we have long outgrown the Dora days. But we do still like Spongebob!

6. khertz

khertz Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

I'll admit it, I love watching Sesame Street and Curious George with DS. Although I don't watch them when he's not around, there were many times I'd put it on for him and halfway through he was down on the floor playing with his toys and I was still watching! :rotfl: Now he is more into movies, like Cars and Toy Story, more so than TV shows. He loves watching Thomas, but I really don't like that show!

7. MrsDuck

MrsDuck DIS Veteran

Adding my name to the list. I pretty much only watch cartoons (aside from OUAT, Merlin, and the Walking Dead). I especially love when the 90s cartoons are on-- childhood on TV!

And for the record, I have no kids who I can "blame" for my habits. :laughing:

8. tyniknate

tyniknate DIS Veteran

Big Phineas and Ferb fan here too! What's everyone got against them?

9. DarthMama

DarthMama Mouseketeer

Love Jake & the Neverland Pirates (although my daughter calls it "the Netherland Pirates" -- which makes me think of them as pirates from Amsterdam) and Max & Ruby (which I call "Max and Poopy", since Ruby's always putting a cloud on Max's fun). My husband is a huge fan of Good Luck Charlie, and the kids have caught me watching Phineas & Ferb a few times after they've gone to bed.

10. Sparkly

Sparkly Starlight, starbright...

I like watching Phineas & Ferb and I've even watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse from time to time :blush:

11. Hoodie

Hoodie <font color=purple>Going to BC and GF with one wee

With a 3 year old, we're smack in the middle of being forced to watch most of these. I admit, sometimes I do the "forcing" because I like them. The ones I "encourage" because I actually like them - The Wiggles, Rolie Polie Olie, Little Einsteins, Backyardigans, Phineas and Ferb (OK, at 3, that's stretching it....and I *may* have watched P&F while I was pregnant and had no kiddo excuse)

I encourage anything on Disney because I'm desperate to make DS a Disney freak like me. He complies with being obsessed with Jake, Mickey Mouse, and Doc McStuffins.

12. karly05

karly05 DIS Veteran

My sister and I are a couple of Big Kids who watch WAY too much Disney Jr. In fact, I have Doc McStuffins on right now. Stuffy is cute, but Chilly is my buddy: In the one where Lambie gets ripped and Doc starts talking about her having to get stitches, Chilly doesn't want to listen; when Doc & Lambie leave the room, Chilly says, "Is she done talking about yicky stuff?" Yeah, preach it, brother! I am notoriously squeamish about yicky medical-type stuff! (The new "Chilly Gets Chilly" episode, where they go out in the snow, was adorable.)

We have actually, as childless adults, been to see the Imagination Movers in concert more than once. LOVE the Movers, they are awesome! At DHS this year, I stood in line to meet Handy Manny. And I know this will never happen, but I would gladly stand in line to meet Kwazii from Octonauts - "YEAOW!"

I am also a big Phineas & Ferb fan, but I think the OP was excluding that because it's more of an "all-ages" show than one specifically for little kids.

13. carrie1626

carrie1626 DIS Veteran

TOO TRUE!!
    I'm watching The Santa Clause right now.:lovestruc

14. BlovesC

BlovesC home is where the Yeti is!

I LOVE the music from Jake and the Neverland Pirates, and LOVED seeing Sharky and Bones live in concert at DTD. But if I watch the cartoon itself, my eyes start glazing over after a few minutes.

I love the parents on Good Luck Charlie and the concept is cute, but that middle kid (Gabe?) is a horrible, horrible brat.

DH and I both watch and love Gravity Falls! :thumbsup2

15. tinkerbellandeeyor

tinkerbellandeeyor DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

16. JohnMouse

JohnMouse Belle, Anna and Rapunzel are my princesses, and St

And let me profess my love for Nina:lovestruc from THE GOOD NIGHT SHOW on Sprout. She is so sweet, gentle and adorable. Nina is such a great person to help the kiddies....I mean, Sproutlets, get ready for bedtime. (Oh, and let's not forget Star.....he's a great sidekick.)

"Hey, horray
    We had another fantastic day
    And now it's time to say good....
    Mickey?.....noooo....good....
    Dora?....noooo....
    Good Night!":goodvibes

17. pigletgirl

pigletgirl <font color=green>You do have a life. It is just i

:faint: :rolleyes2

18. CourtasanSatine

CourtasanSatine <font color=blue>I'm partial to the 4th seaters<br

I'll also fess up to Spongebob Squarepants, Fairy Oddparents, P&F, Sid the Science Kid, Yo Gabba Gabba (the bands are a perk), Wow Wow Wubbzy and Wonder Pets (for sheer cute).

19. runsandjumps

runsandjumps DIS Veteran

I have learned a lot of the Wild Kratts. Sometimes after the kids are in bed I find myself wondering how the cartoon ended. I rarely watch anything besides cartoons because my children outnumber me 3-1.

20. Disneyland1084

Disneyland1084 OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!

I admit sometimes when I'm alone I watch Spongebob or Max and Ruby. Oh, and I also watch Tom and Jerry.

21. 3boymthr

3boymthr DIS Veteran

Absolutely 2 of the best shows going! I also love Kick Buttowski, Avatar -the Last Airbender and that oldy but goody - Scooby-doo. :happytv: