Adjoining pool view rooms at AKL

Abra Cat

DIS Veteran
Hi-- can anyone share any experiences with adjoining pool view rooms at Animal Kingdom Lodge? How many are there? My AAA agent said she could book them for my family of 5-- it's very important for us to have adjoining rooms, as our children are all 10 and under. I know Disney doesn't guarantee adjoining rooms, but what is the likelihood we'll get what we need? Thanks!

Hi-- can anyone share any experiences with adjoining pool view rooms at Animal Kingdom Lodge? How many are there? My AAA agent said she could book them for my family of 5-- it's very important for us to have adjoining rooms, as our children are all 10 and under. I know Disney doesn't guarantee adjoining rooms, but what is the likelihood we'll get what we need? Thanks!

You don't want adjoining. You want connecting. Adjoining will be close to each other, but not have a door between them to open the two rooms up to each other.

Eek-- you're right! I knew that too, and could even hear "connecting" in my head, but "adjoining" was coming out of my mouth (and my fingers too, I guess). :surfweb: :confused3 I hope my AAA agent understood what was going on in my head and booked according... :eek: Guess I'll be giving her a call this morning... Thanks!

You don't want adjoining. You want connecting. Adjoining will be close to each other, but not have a door between them to open the two rooms up to each other.

Disney can put a "travel with alert" on your ressies so that you are more likely to get adjoining or connecting rooms. When we made our ressies for two rooms, the CM in guest services told us that ressies with the "travel with alert" have priority for adjoining or connecting rooms.

I just booked connecting rooms at AKL last week. I was told that the reservation was guaranteed due to our family size.

Here is a quote from our reservation:

Resort Information:
CONNECTING ROOMS GUARANTEED FOR FAMILIES
RESERVATION INCLUDES ROOM AND TAX ONLY
CHECK IN AFTER : 3:00 PM CHECK OUT BEFORE : 11:00 AM
DINE - ADV DINING ARRANGEMENTS CALL 407-WDW-DINE

That's great to know, thanks. Still waiting for my AAA agent to get back to me...

Here is a quote from our reservation:

Resort Information:
CONNECTING ROOMS GUARANTEED FOR FAMILIES
RESERVATION INCLUDES ROOM AND TAX ONLY
CHECK IN AFTER : 3:00 PM CHECK OUT BEFORE : 11:00 AM
DINE - ADV DINING ARRANGEMENTS CALL 407-WDW-DINE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter