Adios Captain EO

Could be worse I guess. Hopefully they are working on something good for this space.

My concern is that if they have something in the hopper, why not just roll it out when its ready, rather than run what is basically a cheap and lazy bridge? Conversely, the fact that they didn't a) just leave it running till the projector died, or b) close it, throw up a wall, and pretend the pavilion no longer exists, is a promising sign.

Adding in Colortopia, there are signs of sprouts peeking above the dirt in Future World. As with HS, I think it's going to get worse before it gets better though.

My concern is that if they have something in the hopper, why not just roll it out when its ready, rather than run what is basically a cheap and lazy bridge? Conversely, the fact that they didn't a) just leave it running till the projector died, or b) close it, throw up a wall, and pretend the pavilion no longer exists, is a promising sign.

Adding in Colortopia, there are signs of sprouts peeking above the dirt in Future World. As with HS, I think it's going to get worse before it gets better though.
DHS will definitely get worse before it gets better. It's been said that Epcot does have a 300-350 million dollar budget as part of all the plans as well as MK.

I'll take it. As temporary sounding as it is at least it is something. Not to mention I love the short films. I kind of hope I get to see it (especially if Get a Horse is in the itinerary for this; it's awesome already, I haven't seen it in 3-D and it would benefit so much from the 4-D effects). Knowing my luck it's going to a.) leave before my next trip or b.) stay there for five years like EO
Captain EO came back because of MJs death. They really haven't had anything to replace it with so that is why it has stayed. Imagineers have had plenty of plans for the theater but the higher ups don't want to pay for it. As for the ride I think figment is safe to stay even if the ride changes. Figment is very popular and that was shown with the new marvel comic with him and dream finder that debuted last year.
I know it came back because of MJ. And honestly I wasn't hoping at all Figment would leave! I actually enjoy the ride as it is now (granted I'm young and would've been way too young to remember the original incarnation) but I know not everyone shares this opinion and I agree that there's room for improvement to make it very special. My hopes were for replacing EO's space with an Inside Out little something, not the main pavilion. Honestly if we got something like the Nemo simulator Tokyo is getting or a duplicate version I wouldn't be mad at all (I actually secretly want another simulator at Disney World. At least with build actual rides in the meanwhile and not just simulators like this one park I know :p)

Has anyone heard anything about when the Pixar Short Film Festival will be open? I'll be there in a few weeks. I wasn't planning on seeing EO again, but I'd love to have something new to see.

Clearly the change is coming. Pixar is about the best placeholder we could hope for.

Sure seems that way, but given how engaged park fans are, the more notice the better for these sorts of things. Every attraction has a devoted fan who will want to visit their favorite attraction for "the last time". Mind you I've checked out EO "for the last time" for the past couple of years. This time it will be true.

I would revolt if Figment were to depart Epcot. Both he and Stitch are amazing characters with unfortunate attractions. I'd love to see a reboot with a Figment film and a reboot of the original attraction.. enhanced for modern sensibilities.

Oh, YES! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!

Never saw Captain EO and never intended too. No time for MJ

Glad to see some Pixar going into there.

Glad to see Eo gone. I saw the film once in the 80's in Disneyland and that was more than enough. This film should have been buried at 11:59 PM on 12/31/89, never again to see the light of day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!