Addt'l incentives for NYers?

AnnaS

DIS Veteran
I remember seeing a breakdown of members from each state somewhere and NY was pretty high, along with NJ and Florida. Is it possible that NY is not approved purposely so that they can handle all the new, add-ons and now bookings for BCV? Are we not at a disadvantage as far as booking dates that will most likely not be available by the time NY is approved? Has anyone felt this now or before while waiting for WVL? It's just a thought and got me wondering since they are so "busy" I still plan on banking my points and will add-on as long as the incentive is still going on. But I can help but feel that everyone else is ahead of the game.

California isn't approved either.... You'd think with Disneyland being in CA it would be easier to get approved.. My guide said CA is expected to take longer then NY to get approved.....

Wow, I thought California was approved already (before us). You make a good point too.

Originally posted by AnnaS
I remember seeing a breakdown of members from each state somewhere and NY was pretty high, along with NJ and Florida. Is it possible that NY is not approved purposely so that they can handle all the new, add-ons and now bookings for BCV? Are we not at a disadvantage as far as booking dates that will most likely not be available by the time NY is approved? Has anyone felt this now or before while waiting for WVL? It's just a thought and got me wondering since they are so "busy" I still plan on banking my points and will add-on as long as the incentive is still going on. But I can help but feel that everyone else is ahead of the game.

The most likely reason that NY is not yet approved is NY's bureaucracy - not Disney. For some reason, it takes NY much longer than other states to review and approve timeshare offerings. Sorry you have to wait, but the fault lies in Albany, not Florida. Hope NY finishes its review sometime very soon. Good luck!

Do you think it is Disney that is slowing things up for the NYers? I figured it was the legal rigamarole in NY. Who knows!! While it does not affect me, I think it is really sad for the NY and California folks. They will definitely be at the "end of the line" so to speak when it comes to making ressies. A lot of rooms will be reserved before they ever get the opportunity to buy points--possibly shutting them out of a time they'd like to vacation. I wonder why this consistently happens with NY? I am extremely surprised about California--you'd think that state would "Okay" things immediately. Are there any other states in this predicament??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter