Addonitis Struck Again!

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by ljcastro18, Apr 24, 2014.

1. ljcastro18

ljcastro18 Earning My Ears

Just came back from our easter week trip, we had such an amazing time, and we are really into the new fast pass plus system!!. We were also lucky enough to get our girls to see Elsa and Anna without any crazy wait times. We had such a wonderful time that we decided to purchase additional 300 points at Grand Floridian, in my opinion they DVD hit a home run with that property!!

Also we did get six fast passes reservations per day and I am not going to lie it was awesome! :yay:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Splashboat

Splashboat Always looking for cheap airfare

4. ljcastro18

ljcastro18 Earning My Ears

Actually there was a whole thread that I began, which turned out to be a little controversial, the way I got six fast passes was by buying tickets to my girls who really did not need them because they are under three, so we got the extra fast passes that came with their tickets

Thanks for the congratulations we are very happy and excited

5. Splashboat

Splashboat Always looking for cheap airfare

Oops, sorry OP. I didn't see that thread and I certainly don't want to open a can of worms - hope nobody comments further on this part.

6. DisK

DisK Mouseketeer

You can get more than three starting on Monday.

7. CMOORE185

CMOORE185 HH 240 Points, SSR 260 Points

Spending money on three tickets you do not need to get more fast passes does not seem worth it.

8. AquaDame

AquaDame Are we there yet?

It is if you can afford it..! A surprise 300 point add on to VGF is not chump change either but they clearly can afford it. Good for them - may I be so lucky someday! :goodvibes

9. CMOORE185

CMOORE185 HH 240 Points, SSR 260 Points

You are right about that...people can spend their money on whatever they choose..who am I to judge.

10. Msmithmd

Msmithmd DIS Veteran

Wow. That's effectively spending $30 per each fast pass over the basic three, every day.

I sure hope the Disney Parks finance guys don't read this thread and start thinking big picture. Those "free" extra fast passes they just announced could get monetized awfully quickly. To be fair to Disney, however, I'm still pretty surprised and impressed that they haven't done that already.

11. sndral

sndral DIS Veteran

Congrats pixiedust:pixiedust: I love the GF and if I had a spare $50,000 laying around I'd scoop up 300 points there too.

12. gfyjny

gfyjny Mouseketeer

We were able to book a week stay at VGF in a studio room using our aulani points, 7 month in advance booking. Yes, I did stay up to book the room as it became available.
    We might buy more points when Poly opens up. With limited number of over water bungalows, 11 months advance booking might be the only way to get the reservation.

13. Millionaire2K

Millionaire2K Mouseketeer

I found $30,000 in an old coat pocket so I went ahead and bought 300 more BLT via resale. :happytv:

14. sndral

sndral DIS Veteran

Alas, taking your advice I just searched all of my old coat pockets and no $30,000 lurking there:headache: guess I'll just have to continue stalking that 150 BWV resale contract I'm dreaming about.

15. Millionaire2K

Millionaire2K Mouseketeer

lol. :yay:

16. Bellecruiser

Bellecruiser Mouseketeer

I am jealous reading that you added more VGF points. We have 100, and I really, really want to add more. I have addonitis really bad!!! :charac2::charac2: