Adding water parks and more option

Dipstick

Mouseketeer
My family is planning to go to WDW for 9 days, but we only want to go to the water parks for 1 or 2 of those days, is it possible to add only 1 or 2 day water parks and more option to our base ticket?

I don't believe so. It is a flat rate for the length of your stay. We LOVE TL. Go for a few hours a few days. Mixes it up some. Be sure to vist Disney Quest at DDT for a few hours too.

Just reread your post. I saw you can't park hop. Why not add it. We always park hop with the water parks. We think it's worth it.

Sorry, forgot to mention we did add the park hop option to our base ticket.

I guess I will have to add the water parks and more option to that as well.

If you are only going to a WP and/or DQ once, its better to just buy a one day ticket.

If you going more than once its cheaper to buy the WPF&M.

We have always done that. We leave for the waterpark in the am, then leave around 3 for the hotel to change and go to the parks. We are going this August. i think we are going to try to go to the parks for rope drop for a few hours, then head o the waterparks, then back again to parks. Make TL a bigger priority over BB. BB seems to be more line waiting and wondering to get to lines. That's just our opinion. TL has better rides! Have fun!!!

We have always done that. We leave for the waterpark in the am, then leave around 3 for the hotel to change and go to the parks.

I just want to point out that this does not require a park hopper. You only need a park hopper if you are going to 2 different major parks in one day.

The water park add on is a flat price regardless of how many day tickets you have. In other words, it costs the same to add 3 additional entries on a 3 day ticket as it does to add 10 additional entries on a 10 day ticket.

Therefore with your 9 day tickets, it costs no more to add the waterparks than if you had fewer days (and you will recieve 9 entries for the waterparks and/or disneyquest) The only way to do it cheaper is to just pay at the waterpark for 1 day. If you want to go more than once, the add on is the best deal!

Go ahead and add it and use as you want, no need to feel guilty if you don't use all your entitlements

Also, if you don't plan on using all the days, and plan on coming back, do some math and see if the no expiration option may work for you.
Last yr we bought a 7 day ticket, and had 2 days left and all our waterpark days. We upgraded what we had left and for slightly over $ 200 added a few more park days and the no expiration. We have a five day parkhopper left and 10 days of the wpandmore. So although we will use all the parkhopper days on our next trip, we will have a ton of water park days left that we can use forever or until they run out...lol. But I won't need to add the water park option on to new tickets for a few trips at least.
But definitely do the math. For us it worked out, but depending on the circumstances it may not be worth it.

If you are only planning to have one water park or Disney Quest day you are much better off purchasing separate tickets.

If you add the Water Parks Fun and More option to your MYW ticket it will cost $57.51 (including tax) per person, adult or child. It will add one WPF&M entry per day on the base or hopper ticket (but two entries on a one day ticket).

If you purchase one day water park tickets they cost $48.99 adult and $42.60 child. (Disney Quest are $44.73/$38.34) If you are an Annual Passholder or DVC Member you can purchase one day water park tickets at an approximate 10% discount.

This upgrade may be done at any Park (including water parks or TTC) ticket booth or Guest Relations Office. If it is on your room key it can also be done at the Resort Lobby Concierge.

(Note each person must have their own ticket. Even though it adds multiple entries to your ticket, you can only use one ticket for one person.)

Also, if you are planning to do three or more water park visits within a year there is a definite price advantage to purchase Water Park Annual Passes.

We have two unusual policies at the water parks concerning ticketing. Both involve use of a one day water park ticket.

One is we will allow full value of the used WP ticket to upgrade to a WP AP as long as it is within 14 days of use.

The other, which is the only time combining tickets is allowed, is we will merge a used WP one day ticket with a MYW ticket to add the WPF&M option and only charge the difference in price.

Knowing we purchased them and trying to get our money's worth is more of a pain than a savings......we say we're going to a water park each trip but found the resort pool just as inviting.....lines at the WP can be horrendous and not worth our time plus just going for a few hours is a waste of time and money.....we let the add on slide and if we find we have the energy and time, will go to one and just pay out of pocket.....DQ has no interest for us so wuold be a waste.....

In everyones minds, the waterpark would be great but the mob of people and lines would turn us off so we pack the cooler, sandwiches and beer, head to the resort pool and enjoy it there....if we had enough, easy to go back to the room and enjoy some A/C and go elsewhere...cost...nothing.....all in all, I'd wait and see how the trip pans out and just pay as you go...no add ons..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter