Adding on points before use year begins

StaceyA

<font color=006600>Disney fanatic!<br><font color=
I'm planning on adding on to my DVC this year, my use year starts in June but I plan to add on points before my 2015 use year begins on June 1, 2015. I have 100 now and plan to add 60.

If I call and add points in April or May 2015 will I get 60 points right away added to my 2014 use year that ends May 31, 2015? and then in June 2015 I will have 160?

I can't seem to find info on this anywhere and sorry if it's confusing lol

I'm planning on adding on to my DVC this year, my use year starts in June but I plan to add on points before my 2015 use year begins on June 1, 2015. I have 100 now and plan to add 60.

If I call and add points in April or May 2015 will I get 60 points right away added to my 2014 use year that ends May 31, 2015? and then in June 2015 I will have 160?

I can't seem to find info on this anywhere and sorry if it's confusing lol
Yes if you add on directly from disney before your 2015 use year begins you will get 2014 points. They also should let you bank them into 2015. We bought a resale BWV and added on a small direct contract with an april use year. We got the 2014 points and they let us bank them into 2015. I would advise calling your guide if you are looking into purchasing a "sold out resort" rather than poly/gf as the wait for specific use years for the sold out resorts can take a few weeks to a couple months

ok thanks! I did want to buy into SS since that's where I already own.

You need to remember to ask them to bank the points as soon as you get them as you are past the banking deadline. They will do it for you but make sure you ask as part of the purchase for those points to be immediately banked

you would get a better deal by buying resale rather than picking up one extra year of pts by buying direct late in your UY. (but that plan should work if you want to do it that way.)

We have a June Use Year and are also looking into adding on(75 points), But not sure if we should do Resale or not. Due to the fact that we have bought only direct. And not sure how much it is per point ($$ range) . How do you find out how much to offer when the amount seems to be all over the place???, without insulting the Seller with your Offer. And the Closing Cost very from different sites.

We have a June Use Year and are also looking into adding on(75 points), But not sure if we should do Resale or not. Due to the fact that we have bought only direct. And not sure how much it is per point ($$ range) . How do you find out how much to offer when the amount seems to be all over the place???, without insulting the Seller with your Offer. And the Closing Cost very from different sites.

The right price is what you are willing to pay and what the seller is willing to take. It is a negotiation just like buying a house. Before you start figure outgrow much you want to pay and find a. Contract in that region. Start a little lower than your price so you can negotiate. If they seller doesn't blink move to another contract.

We have a June Use Year and are also looking into adding on(75 points), But not sure if we should do Resale or not. Due to the fact that we have bought only direct.

you would not be able to combine resale pts with direct pts for trades out of DVC for things like cruises or disney hotels. that's not a good value anyway but something to be aware of.

And not sure how much it is per point ($$ range).

direct price on SSR is $135 per pt.

resale price on SSR is more like mid-$80s. that's at least $3000 in savings. the challenge would be finding exactly a 75 pt contract if that is a dealbreaker.:

http://www.dvc-resales.com/dvclisting-P.cfm

We own at AKV and figured it would be best to keep every contract in the same Home Resort.

The benefit of owning at your favorite resorts is the 11 month booking advantage. If AKV is your only favorite resort, buy there.

We own BWV for our Epcot and DHS vacations, VWL and VGF for MK vacations.

:earsboy: Bill

ok thanks! I did want to buy into SS since that's where I already own.

i thought you said you owned at SS (="saratoga springs") above.

AKV would still be in the mid-$80s though - like this listing for example:

AK100-06-0214 Animal Kingdom-$86/pt. June 100 $8,600.00

Notes: 100 points coming on 6/1/15 and 100 points coming on 6/1/16. Priced at $86 per point.

just depends on how patient you want to be hunting for a matching UY month and exact number of pts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter