Adding on Disneyland Paris

tsgirl,

We were on the first Disney Med. Cruise back in 2007. After the trip we flew to Roissey and then took a bus to Disneyland Paris with a ton of luggage. I knew the train was not an option for our family because of all the luggage and the cars can be quite small too. The bus was convienetly located, timely and best of all... carried all our stuff. I added some info. below.

also check out http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guidebook/practical/gettingtothemagic/airports/

VEA Shuttle
Journey time: 40 minutes + (depending on your hotel)
Adults: 16 € Children (3-11): 13 € Single tickets only
Recommended for any groups
Official website: www.vea.fr

VEA is the official shuttle given license to operate daily between Roissy/CDG airport and Disneyland Resort Paris, with brightly coloured, 75-seater, air-conditioned coaches. The service stops at all three terminals, with tickets available to purchase as part of your package, through travel agents, at Aéroports de Paris counters or on-board the bus itself. The bus pick-up points are signposted throughout all terminals with either the VEA logo or text in both French and English.

There are up to 21 services a day between Charles de Gaulle Airport and the Disney Hotels (excluding Davy Crockett Ranch), with four of these also serving the Val de France hotels. All coaches stop at the Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy bus station, allowing onward links to Val de France, Val d'Europe or Marne-la-Vallée area hotels. Full timetables can be found on the official website.

For disabled guests, VEA have minibuses available to book in advance. See the website for more.

I just came back from DLP/Med cruise.

I took the TGV from CDG and it was so easy, 10 minutes and the first stop after CDG. When you get out of the station the buses for the hotels are right there, so it was very easy to trasfer to the hotel.

It was easy to find the train station in the aiport about a 10 minute walk. I was a little slow figuring out the ticket machine but there was an employee watching the machine and was most helpful.

I was travelling by myself and I do not like to take taxies/limos as I have found they like to try and rip single women off so the TGV was perfect for me.

http://parisbytrain.com/tgv-tickets/ was a great web site for helping me get tickets.

DLP was fun and I thought the grounds/garden were just beautiful, and Fantasyland is so quaint and peaceful almost.

Thanks everyone! If anyone has any tips regarding booking hotels/restaurants at Disneyland Paris, please let me know. It's too early to book the hotel for August right now, but I am leaning towards paying for it as opposed to using DVC points. Is that a good choice? The website seems to include breakfast and park admission with the hotel cost, while using DVC points doesn't (at least that is what the DVC representative told me on the phone). Thanks in advance. We are so excited to go, even if it is almost a year away!

Thanks everyone! If anyone has any tips regarding booking hotels/restaurants at Disneyland Paris, please let me know. It's too early to book the hotel for August right now, but I am leaning towards paying for it as opposed to using DVC points. Is that a good choice? The website seems to include breakfast and park admission with the hotel cost, while using DVC points doesn't (at least that is what the DVC representative told me on the phone). Thanks in advance. We are so excited to go, even if it is almost a year away!

We used our DVC points to stay at Disney's Newport Bay Club at Disneyland Paris. It was our very first time to use our DVC points and we were surprised. :scared1: Not in a good way either. The room was absolutely not DVC quality. It was approximately the size of a room at one of the All Star Resorts and definitely needed major renovations. After staying at the Newport Bay Club we questioned our decision to buy into DVC. :confused: We were very unhappy. (That is until we stayed at our home resort in WDW. We now love our DVC membership. :lovestruc)

Perhaps we were just an unlucky family and had a bad room. :confused3 I really hope that this is the case. If I were to do it all over again I would definitely have paid in cash and not used our DVC points. It really wasn’t worth spending points on. Not after seeing what 220 points gets you in WDW compared to a 3-night stay at Disneyland Paris. Breakfast was not included in our DVC stay.

Other than being disappointed in the quality of our room, we had a wonderful time at Disneyland Paris. Besides, we were hardly in the room...except to collapse in the bed at night!

Definitely be excited about your trip, you are going to have an AWSOME vacation!!!!! :yay::banana::dance3:

Although I love French cuisine, I am not sure that I love French culture as whole. I would love to have some French cuisine in Disney.

We're going on the Esprit de France Aug 4 trip as well. This will be our first ABD. We're taking our 7 yr old. We're probably looking at arriving in paris a couple of days ahead of time. So if we book a pre-stay with ABD it has to be at our first hotel - Versailles? We can't do it in central paris or disneyland?

We're going on the Esprit de France Aug 4 trip as well. This will be our first ABD. We're taking our 7 yr old. We're probably looking at arriving in paris a couple of days ahead of time. So if we book a pre-stay with ABD it has to be at our first hotel - Versailles? We can't do it in central paris or disneyland?
As far as I know, that is correct. Traditionally, pre-days, if available, are at your first hotel. Basically, the transfers that are included are from the airport to your first hotel. If you stayed elsewhere, they'd have to arrange to get you from there to the start of the trip. Post-days are normally at your last hotel, although Knights & Lights has the option of post-days at Disneyland Paris. I don't know about the new Esprit de France trip, but I'd imagine they'd have the post-days for that one, too, since it ends in Paris, also.

But you never know when ABD will introduce a change to their policies, so I think it would be well worth a phone call to find out for sure from them!

Congrats on signing up for your trip! Hopefully you'll report back to us after you go on this new itinerary!

Sayhello

Hi Kevin. How exciting that we will be on the same trip! My 3 daughters are older than your son (13, 18, 21), but they love spending time with adults and kids of all ages. That is one of the things that makes ABD so special. The whole group really bonds together. As far as the add-on goes, I called ADB, and they told me you could only add on at the conclusion of the trip. That doesn't work for us, so we plan to book 3 nights at Disneyland Paris on our own before the trip begins. Then, we plan to meet up with the group back at the airport. You could spend a few nights in Paris or Disneyland Paris, before the trip, and then either meet the group back at the airport or get to the hotel in Versailles on your own. If you decide to do Disneyland Paris first, let me know. Maybe we can coordinate transportation and save some money! I know it is many months away, but we're all really excited!

We're definitely planning on arriving 2 or 3 days earlier to get past the jet lag. Still debating between staying in Paris or going down to disneyland. Sounds like it will be an amazing ABD!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter