Adding DP later?

erinlees_mommie

DIS Veteran
We have only used it 2 times in the past and I am still unsure of how everything works with the Dining Plan.
My main question is if I book and pay for my trip can the DP be added before we leave?Or does it have to be booked at the time of ressies?

TIA :)

You can add a dining plan up to 48-72 hours prior to check-in (use 72 hours to be safe). You do not need to have a dining plan at all in order to book ADRs, they are separate (with the exception of credit card hold reservations).

So if I were to make ADR for 1900 Park Fair or something other than CRT that wants confirmation then I can do so.And when we go there to eat we tell them we have the DP?

Thanks so much for the response :)

While they will ask if you're on the dining plan when you book and when you check in or are seated, technically the only time you ever need to tell them is when it comes time to pay the bill, and you give them your card to pay with plan credits.

The exception is for "pre-paid" meals such as CRT or the dinner shows -- if you do have DDP linked to your reservation, they should only place a CC hold rather than charge you in advance; you can choose at the time you pay whether to use plan credits or pay OOP.

I have paid for our room..and I am trying to decide now between just the quick service DP or the regular one we have used.
I guess I need to figure out where to eat *DD loves her character experiences for sure* and we are doing MNSSHP too ...
Thanks again for helping me out :)

No problem. Technically, there's a $50 fee for package changes within 45 days of arrival, but they're prone to waiving it if you add to the package, rather than take something away.

You can not add the DDP to a room only ressie though, only to pkgs. If you have a room only they will have to cancel the room only and rebook it as a pkg with at least one day park tickets. Only DVC and AP holders can purchase the DDP without having to buy park tickets, but even for AP holders the room would still have to be rebooked as a pkg with all of the cancellation policies that pkgs have and also the full pkg price would be due at 45 days out (whereas with a room only the total is not due until check in). As long as you have a pkg you can add the DDP up until 72 hours prior to check in.

And in the case of military room reservations.
I just paid in full last night and they said that I can book my DP up to 72 hours before traveling.
Thanks for the concern though :)
Here is what I found concerning the military package....Just in case anyone is interested.

Military Package with Dining

Special deal for eligible members of the US Military*: A discounted Military Package with Dining is available for stays most nights 1/4/09-12/23/09, except not available at all 2/13-2/15, 4/4-4/18, 5/22-5/24, 7/3-7/4, 11/25-11/26/09.

The Military Package with Dining does not include tickets because there is a special ticket offer for military.

The package includes a room discount of up to 40% off, but the Dining Plans are priced at the regular rate.

The Military Package with Dining is subject to regular Walt Disney Travel Company package rules.

*Offer available to active duty military, activated reservists and retired military. Proof of Military eligibility is required.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter