adding DDP

Robbi

DIS Veteran
How close to a trip can the DDP be added?
ETA-we're using the AP discount if that makes any difference.

How close to a trip can the DDP be added?
ETA-we're using the AP discount if that makes any difference.

The pp is correct that the DDP must be added no later than 72 hours (3 days) prior to arrival, but if you currently have a room only reservation, I think the room only has to be cancelled/refunded and an AP ticketless package booked. If AP bookings work the same as regular bookings (which I think they do), adding the DDP to an AP room makes it a package and follows the same deposit/cancellation guidelines as non-AP bookings (i.e., packages require a deposit of $200, with balance due 45 days prior to arrival; room only ressies require 1 night room rate + tax, with balance due at check in).

The pp is correct that the DDP must be added no later than 72 hours (3 days) prior to arrival, but if you currently have a room only reservation, I think the room only has to be cancelled/refunded and an AP ticketless package booked. If AP bookings work the same as regular bookings (which I think they do), adding the DDP to an AP room makes it a package and follows the same deposit/cancellation guidelines as non-AP bookings (i.e., packages require a deposit of $200, with balance due 45 days prior to arrival; room only ressies require 1 night room rate + tax, with balance due at check in).

Thank-you. I will wait until 72 hours~ before the trip. That way if we have to cancel, we won't be locked into the 45 days. I'll just pay off the trip at that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter