Adding a resort day under promo- HELP!

loricdietzel

Mouseketeer
I just wanted to see if anyone has any other angles on this in case I am missing something before I book a separate reservation for an additional night. I have free dining booked Oct 25-Nov 2. We want to add a night and stay until the 3rd. I called twice and talked to different cast members and both said no rooms were available. I go online and there are rooms available in our room category. I was told online sometimes shows different availability and I can go ahead and book it and I will not get dining for that extra day. Is there anyway I can get free dining for our last day and just add it on or is my only option to make a new room only reservation for one night? (And our room cat. is not available under the new room only promo that is running then.) I am assuming booking a separate reservation and hoping they will keep us in the same room and just paying OOP for food that day is our only option?

I just wanted to see if anyone has any other angles on this in case I am missing something before I book a separate reservation for an additional night. I have free dining booked Oct 25-Nov 2. We want to add a night and stay until the 3rd. I called twice and talked to different cast members and both said no rooms were available. I go online and there are rooms available in our room category. I was told online sometimes shows different availability and I can go ahead and book it and I will not get dining for that extra day. Is there anyway I can get free dining for our last day and just add it on or is my only option to make a new room only reservation for one night? (And our room cat. is not available under the new room only promo that is running then.) I am assuming booking a separate reservation and hoping they will keep us in the same room and just paying OOP for food that day is our only option?

A standard CM at Reservations cannot add an extra day after the promo booking date has ended. You have to talk to a supervisor.

Also, there may not be availability, since you may be staying an extra day that is a huge check-in day or the resort is almost at capacity and they don't need to extend the promotion. In that case, you would have to add a room-only reservation.

First call Reservations and ask to speak to a supervisor.

Should be able to add to tailend of reservation if there are rooms available. Shouldnt have anything to do with fd unless it is made as seperate reservation. If thats the case you wont get free dining because offer expired sept29. Ask for supervisor. We have done it but normal cm couldnt do it.

I really just want to add on at the end and hopefully extend the free dining a day. I will call and ask for a supervisor. I just feel bad calling and immediately asking for a supervisor!

I really just want to add on at the end and hopefully extend the free dining a day. I will call and ask for a supervisor. I just feel bad calling and immediately asking for a supervisor!

It is okay; just let them know what you are doing; the standard CM will not be able to see the availability on their screen.

Current wait time is over 25 minutes. Yeah, I think I will try back tonight when they aren't as busy. So do I just say I was told that a supervisor may be able to help me because a non-supervisor cast member can't do what I am wanting to do when I get through to a supervisor?

Ask for guest services to modify a reservation on a closed promo.

Keep repeating that until you get connected to Guest Services or a supervisor.

Current wait time is over 25 minutes. Yeah, I think I will try back tonight when they aren't as busy. So do I just say I was told that a supervisor may be able to help me because a non-supervisor cast member can't do what I am wanting to do when I get through to a supervisor?

Yes, just tell the CM that answers that you are trying to add an extra day on a promo that has already expired for booking and know that you need to speak directly to a supervisor.

That easy.

Ok- it took an hour (about 10 minutes to initially talk to a cm and about 40 minutes on hold after that), but I was able to get an extra day added on. I asked for a supervisor and explained why, but the cm (Tomi) wanted to try and take care of it. I was told I would have to switch to a standard room (which wasn't going to happen because I have a 4yr old dd and we are in a PRINCESS room!) I told her that I have checked and I know there are open rooms in my room category. I got the rundown about there are only so many rooms for certain discounts and there aren't any for 9 nights like we want, yadda yadda. I said that makes sense if it were a new reservation and if the room catagory was no longer available. BUT the room is available. I told her I wasn't trying to be a pain, but it really made no sense to. I said again that this was why I was told that I would have to speak directly to a supervisor about it. That started my 40 minutes on hold. Then Toni told me that she spoke to an "agent" and they would do this one time exception. So it took a long time, I was polite and semi-patient (I wasn't expecting it to take that long and it was almost dinner time. I had the hubby feed the kids but I could definitely hear the whining and tantrums!!! And I had to stand outside for most of it so the kids didn't hear me and it is 40 degrees and raining here!) and it paid off!!!

Thanks DISers! I wouldn't have asked for a supervisor OR waited on hold for so long for a supervisor if it wasn't for you guys! (I would have just figured it wasn't happening and gave up.)

are May 2013 dates included in this first promo? edited: i meant for this promo coming out on wed for next yr. sorry. been a really long day. Think i actually posted in wrong thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter