Adding a person to our stateroom...no 10% discount?

Mickeyhugger

DIS Veteran
Long story short..(hopefully):lmao:..we currently have two cat 9s booked for June 15th Fantasy. Our 18 year-old DD and her BFF in one room, DH and I in the other. Her BFFs parents might book later (for the same sailing.) If that's the case, we'd then like to move our DD to our room so BFF can share the other room with her family.

Would our DD still get the 10%, since we're increasing the number of people in our stateroom?:confused3

The answer used to be "yes," and was told that it still was in May by onboard booking agent. However, I've read here that this is no longer the case.

However, you do have some options. No one cares who sleeps where, only who is booked where. And since each KTTW card can be tied to a different pay source, you have no charging issues. Guest Services had no problem with issuing me a "mom key" so that I could get into each of the cabins when I had a group of "young adults."

So, you could just add a third person to each cabin--no problem really because they cruise at the "third person" rate, which is a lower fare than the first two. Then you can shuffle the "who is really sleeping where" after you board. Obviously, if they will allow you to shuffle people in advance, that's easier...but it shouldn't change the fact that you can make it work later.

You know, I just realized that's what happened with us! I booked a dummy on board and I only listed myself, so that we could put a very small amount down for a deposit. Now when I price the date change with my DH and DS added, I am the only one who gets a discount! Wish I would have known that before I did on board booking... I would have added all of us then!

Are you serious? I did this too last year and got the 10% off my additional family members I added later. I too just put myself down on the original ressie for a cheap down payment. If this is the way DCL is doing things now, they must really be getting desperate to try to salvage some of the many discounts they are having to offer.

GaDisneyFreak said:
Are you serious? I did this too last year and got the 10% off my additional family members I added later. I too just put myself down on the original ressie for a cheap down payment. If this is the way DCL is doing things now, they must really be getting desperate to try to salvage some of the many discounts they are having to offer.

Yeah, from everything I read and asked before hand, adding people still got them the discount! Now that this thread is here I checked my quote math again, and sure enough, I'm the only one with the discount! Apparently the moral of the story is to book everyone who you think is going when you book on board, and take them off if needed! Just kinda sucks because that initial deposit will be higher!

Just to add, the amount I am needing to add to my already placed deposit to add the people, and the right itinerary is still a 10% deposit.....but the fare is only discounted for me.

Is the deposit refundable? Can it at least be transferred to another passenger in the same reservation?

Is the deposit refundable? Can it at least be transferred to another passenger in the same reservation?

I transferred my 'dummy' date earlier this month to a 'real' reservation. The original room was myself and nephew. The new reservation myself and DD. Deposit transferred no problem.

I booked while onboard earlier this month for 2 people. I told the cruise agent that I wasn't sure if a third person would be sailing with us at that point or not. He told me the 3rd person wouldn't get the 10% discount anyway.

After we got home, I transferred our booking to our TA and added the third person. All three of us got the 10% discount. :confused3

yep, we were told on board that adding people would not qualify for discount. we always book 4 people and take off whoever is not going.

yep, we were told on board that adding people would not qualify for discount. we always book 4 people and take off whoever is not going.

What irritates me about this is that in May we were going to book 2 people on each reservation. The onboard booking CM suggested that we just book one. grrrrrr.......and the savings in deposit was miniscule since at that time 1 person paid 175% of double occupancy fare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter