Adding a free dining offer to already-booked reservation

iheartgoofy

Earning My Ears
I'm looking to book a trip in late Oct. this year. I asked a Disney CM via web chat if there were any new offers for free dining then. Of course, he wasn't able to tell me anything (or he might not know.) But he did suggest booking the trip now, and then if free dining comes out, I can call them and they'll apply it.

Has anyone ever done this? If so, can I just book the room now and then add both tickets and dining? Or do I need to book the room AND tickets to be able to add the dining? Thanks in advance! :)

I'm looking to book a trip in late Oct. this year. I asked a Disney CM via web chat if there were any new offers for free dining then. Of course, he wasn't able to tell me anything (or he might not know.) But he did suggest booking the trip now, and then if free dining comes out, I can call them and they'll apply it.

Has anyone ever done this? If so, can I just book the room now and then add both tickets and dining? Or do I need to book the room AND tickets to be able to add the dining? Thanks in advance! :)

You would need to book a package now in order to add FD to an existing package. A package is either resort/tickets or resort/tickets/dining. If you booked a room only reservation you would be booking a package and canceling the room only when FD came out.

Adding in, that having a package booked does not guarantee that the room type/resort you have booked will be eligible for FD. They limit the number of rooms. It serves as no advantage but it's very easy to do.

Thanks for the info! I'd happily change resorts if needed... I know I want a moderate, but don't really care which one. Maybe I'd be ok just waiting to see if the offer comes out since I'm not picky about resorts....:confused3

Thanks for the info! I'd happily change resorts if needed... I know I want a moderate, but don't really care which one. Maybe I'd be ok just waiting to see if the offer comes out since I'm not picky about resorts....:confused3

My general rule of thumb is that if you're going to go to Disney regardless of a discount I'd go ahead and book now. If you're needing the discount to go I'd wait until it comes out and just start fresh with it being applied.

Either way, I'm sure you'll snag something at 1 of the moderate resorts! Lots of rooms to choose from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter