Adding a 6th day

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by mathmom32, Feb 8, 2013.

1. mathmom32

mathmom32 Mouseketeer

Looks like the 6 day park hopper might be returning! I have a friend at Disneyland right now. She is enjoying her 6th day with a park hopper. That's right! Just yesterday she was able to add a 6th day for only $15 per person. She said it had to be done at guest services.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Cinderpamela

Cinderpamela DIS Veteran

Thats great news!! I was lucky enough to get the heads up here that they were being discontinued and snached some up last spring before our trip in November.
    Maybe they heard our complaints!

4. Carolynleanne

Carolynleanne Canadian Disney mom

Awesome! Hopefully this will be the case. We're going next year and hoping to get into the Grand with our timeshare. If we are there for a week we'd like to have access to the park every day.

5. danlkrim

danlkrim Mouseketeer

It would be great if Disney did allow people to add days again now that the tickets are being associated with the holder's picture. We arrive in 8 days and are not planning to go to the parks the 1st day unless this happens. We will have 5 full days Sun through Thursday.

6. ShaunaM

ShaunaM DIS Veteran

There may be hope for the longer ones yet too. We had 8 day hoppers on our last two trips( we are canadian and they were available up until the price hike last spring), I have contemplated what would we do on our next trip 5 days is not enough for us.
    Thanks for sharing!

7. thespores

thespores Earning My Ears

Did she wait until the 5th day and then add it? I'm sooooo curios!

8. mathmom32

mathmom32 Mouseketeer

Yes, she did the upgrade on her 5th day.

9. sgrap

sgrap DIS Veteran

The person who posted on another board about getting a 6th day actually got it added on before entering the park. They wanted to go in the day they arrived but didn't want to use a 'day' of their 5-day hopper. That is exactly what we want to do, so I am hopeful!!! :cool1: We have 5 full days and we would love to go the day we arrive, but don't want to risk it and wait until the last day. Hope we hear more reports of a 6th day being allowed! Thank you so much for sharing the great news!!!!:banana:

10. Eddygirl

Eddygirl Mouseketeer

Ohhhhhh...I REALLY hope they bring this back. I can't wait to hear more like this!!!!

Not being able to add extra days was putting a downer on planning our next trip. We were really hoping to do a full week just DLR this time! We would probably have added extra 2 days, but it would cut into our plans for more sit down dining, tours and I wanted to do the Fantasmic! dessert package this time too! Some of that would have been out the window adding 4 more 2 day hoppers.

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

11. acpalmer

acpalmer Mouseketeer

I, too, am hoping to hear continued reports of this. I've been cautiously optimistic since they starting implementing the photos and this is tipping me closer to the optimistic than the cautious. Good news!

12. wallawallakids

wallawallakids DIS Veteran

I really hope this is right!!! I would love to add a 6th day. I actually shortened our trip due to the tickets not being available for more than 5 days. I really wanted to do 7 days in the park. I wrote Disney telling them I was disappointed and that they lost a lot of money on this from my family's stand point (6 more people in the park, eating, staying = $$$ in their pocket!). I know I am not the only one who wrote. It will be so great if they listened to the people on this one!! :banana:

13. SnowWhite12

SnowWhite12 DIS Veteran

Can anybody verify this for sure? We are going in 23 days, and that would totally change what we do with our extra day!

14. lauritagoddess

lauritagoddess Disney mommy

This would be fabulous! We'll be there in a week and I would love to be able to add that extra day.

15. SGDisneyFam

SGDisneyFam Mouseketeer

Nothing but good news today! Our family will have AP's but bringing along my nephew we were going to have to sacrifice our half days in the park because he could only get a 5 day! If this is true I will be sooooo happy!

16. larina

larina DIS Veteran

Add me to the list of folks who was going to skip our first or last day. I hope this continues to be true!

17. sgrap

sgrap DIS Veteran

Please, anyone who has more success with adding a 6th day, post as well! :thumbsup2

18. cristyhas3

cristyhas3 Mouseketeer

We're in the same boat. I would LOVE to visit the parks on the day we arrive. Here's to hoping. :goodvibes

19. Magalex

Magalex DIS Veteran

Please Please be true..visiting for our first trip ever to DL in July & it is all about everything Disney for us. We kept debating what are we doing on our free day. Buying 6 day park hopper will make life so much easier:goodvibes:banana::woohoo:

20. SnowWhite12

SnowWhite12 DIS Veteran

Anyone found out for sure yet?

21. CourtFool

CourtFool A Mouse in Llama Clothing

Add me to the list of optimists. Mrs. Llama wants to plan for 10 days, but wants to just bum around for a few days. I do not think she would mind if I skipped over to DL for an extra day at $15.