Add-on use year question

poj7

Mouseketeer
Hi.

We're going to add-on to BCV. We have an April use year. If we bought more points now and requested an April use year would they go in April '02 or April '03? How long after April 1 will they still back date? Thank you in advance.

Paul

I'm not 100% sure on this one. I think if you bought today you would get April 2002 points. However, they would have to be used by the end of March and could only be used for DVC vacations. These points also wouldn't be eligible for Magical Beginnings. If you purchase after April 1, 2003, you will be getting April 2003 points, not April 2002.

If you purchase an add-on from DVC, it has to be the same Use Year unless you purchase more than 150 points (a new contract).

What if you wait until April or later to add on at BCVs for April? Would that make a difference. We have an April use year and I have 'thought' about the whole Magical Beginnings thing (DH says we need to stay at our current point level, but I still 'think' about it).

Someone said you had to be beyond 3 months of your use year to get Magical Beginnings, so that settle that issue for us. But I wondered if it made a difference if it were April or after that we decided to add on.

Then could we use the 2003-2004 points for Magical Beginnings?
DJ

I agree with Pam but you'd still get your 2003 points coming up in a couple of months. If you could work out a stay between now and then, even better. You could likely even rent the points on short notice since you could use current points from day 1 when you sign the contract. Good luck.

You could also contact your rep, and tell him that you are interested in buying, but not without Magical Beginnings for your resale. I did that, and got Magical Beginnings 3 months before the new use year--I think that perhaps my not being interested otherwise might have been the thing that did it for us. As a matter of fact, I DIDN'T even know that a time frame was even attached to Magical Beginnings until I read it on this board recently. I thought he was trying to scam us, like salesmen do. It never even occured to me that he was telling us the truth--either that, or Magical Beginnings has changed recently. This happened two years ago, so maybe things have changed since then.:confused:

Cruella - My MB contract has a provision that says"

That in order to receive the credit contemplated by this Assignment, not more than six (6) months of the Initial Use shall have passed as of the date Purchaser signed the cContract;

My contract was signed in December 1999 and the MB program itself has changed several times since then. However, I do not think the "6 month" provision has changed. I would think Disney would insist on that amount of time. To have less than that would negatively impact their ability to rent the points to recover the amount of the credit granted. I'm not saying Disney won't budge on that, just that one should not expect it. IMHO, you were lucky and your sales guide made an exception for you - lucky you!

Carol

Originally posted by Cruelladeville
You could also contact your rep, and tell him that you are interested in buying, but not without Magical Beginnings for your resale. I did that, and got Magical Beginnings 3 months before the new use year--I think that perhaps my not being interested otherwise might have been the thing that did it for us. As a matter of fact, I DIDN'T even know that a time frame was even attached to Magical Beginnings until I read it on this board recently. I thought he was trying to scam us, like salesmen do. It never even occured to me that he was telling us the truth--either that, or Magical Beginnings has changed recently. This happened two years ago, so maybe things have changed since then.:confused:
More likely this was an add on and they could bank the points due to the size of the rest of your contract as you can book up to 25% before the 2 month window.

We called in November 2001 about adding on, with a December use year. (I thought it was a brilliant idea to be able to get 2001 points, which we would immediately bank) It didn't work that way. We would get 2002 points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter