Add-on question

poohbear luvs grumpy

Mouseketeer
How does adding on differ contract wise from the first buy in? I want to add on but I am not sure if I need to wait because of up-coming incentives or if I should add-on now. If it is the same and I have to send back signed documents then I could start it now and then just hold the papers until I know about the incentives. Advise please.

Once you are a member, adding on is really easy. You call, tell them what you want, give them your deposit and the send out the paperwork.

There are no closing costs for add ons and the points are in your account within a very short time (mine were there within hours) to make a reservation.

They still have to send you paperwork that is the same as an original purchase. So, if you want to get it started and then just take your time with the papers in hopes that new incentives will come out you can. I did that in June with my 50 point add on.

Matter of fact, because I was using my Disney Visa for the purchase, I asked that my final payment be delayed a month so that it would miss the statement closing date. I was getting 6 months, 0% interest, and by holding off that one month, it really gave me 7 months.

Of course, after I signed and the new incentives came out, they were not as good so I kept what I had.

But, in March when I was purchasing, the incentives did get better and I had the contracts re-done.

I thought 30 days and then they will pull the contract. Wouldn't you save a whole lot of money by going resale that would make up for incentives?

How does adding on differ contract wise from the first buy in? I want to add on but I am not sure if I need to wait because of up-coming incentives or if I should add-on now. If it is the same and I have to send back signed documents then I could start it now and then just hold the papers until I know about the incentives. Advise please.

There are many other posters on here more knowledgeable than I am but I can tell you I have purchased both my contracts reslae AND they were much better than any incentive I was getting from Disney.
For instance, my first contract for 300 SSR points had all 08 points, all 09 and all 10. I purchased that at $70 per point.
My second contract had some 09 points all 10 and all 11. I purchased that contract (same U/Y) for $69 per point.
I was looking for a loaded first contract and waited until I found what I wanted but I really didn't have to wait at all.
EVERYTHING went very smoothly with both contracts.
If you are not in a rush for the points, I would seriously consider resale.
From the time I made the offer to closing was about a month and a half, which was wonderful for me. I didn't need the points right away so it was well worth the savings for me.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

An add on is the same as initial contract you make a down payment, then the paperwork is sent to you for you to sign and you have to make your final payment. So I don't see why you couldn't sit on the paperwork. Ask your guide if it would be worth your while to wait before initiating an add-on. Tell your guide you want the best deal and you are hearing rumors that an announcement is forthcoming and you don't want to over pay. Maybe your guide will give you a hint about what is going to happen. Then you could tell us!

My first contract was by resale and now that we are trying to add a small contract with GCV we are limited to add-on through Disney. The resales for GCV weren't small enough. I really don't mind adding on through Disney though because I don't have to wait for ROFR and I can get the same use year as my current contract. When I spoke to my guide she didn't say to much. She did say however that any incentives that were worth waiting for would probably be in the larger contract size 150pt. and higher.

My first contract was by resale and now that we are trying to add a small contract with GCV we are limited to add-on through Disney. The resales for GCV weren't small enough. I really don't mind adding on through Disney though because I don't have to wait for ROFR and I can get the same use year as my current contract. When I spoke to my guide she didn't say to much. She did say however that any incentives that were worth waiting for would probably be in the larger contract size 150pt. and higher.

And, when you add on with a small contract, the price difference between resale and direct is usually pretty doable that it makes sense to do Disney instead.

We are thinking of doing another 25 points at BLT. Through Disney, it would cost me $120/ppt. Even if there was a contract resale @ $100/ppt, I would only save $450 (even less if I had to pay the closing). Not enough to go the resale route.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter