activites, meals or shows not to miss

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by deannav, Mar 9, 2004.

1. deannav

deannav Earning My Ears

we have a ultimate hopper pass for 5 days, going with 2 children ages 4 and 6 yrs. first time to wdw. Can anyone please help us plan our vacation. What park to go first, what shows to watch, what meal character to book, or rides, etc. I am so confused and can't plan this trip. It seems like there are so many things to do at wdw. I know that i won't have time to do it all. So i would like to hear some suggestions so we can make this trip a more enjoyable and memorable experiences for the kids.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. skippelm

skippelm Mouseketeer

Wow! COngrats on your first time! Disney is very overwhelming, but dont be discouraged. I'd suggest you get the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World by Bob Sehlinger. It is well organized and will really help you to break everything there is to eat, see and do into more manageable and understandable pieces. Then, once you have some ideas of what your interested in from the book, come back to the discussion boards and get feedback from everyone to really help you decide what you cant miss.

There is no way to see or do it all- but it's an absolute blast!

HTH! Enjoy!:earsboy:

4. ILOVEPOOH1

ILOVEPOOH1 Adore the hundred acre wood

AGAIN CONGRATS ON YOUR TRIP TO THE MOST MAGICAL PLACE ON EARTH. I AGREE, GET SOME GUIDE BOOKS, I ALWAYS CONSULT BOTH THE OFFICAL AND THE UNOFFICAL GUIDES. AND I LOVE THE PASSPORTER BOOK. CHECK YOUR LOCAL BOOKSTORE OR AMAZON.COM.
    IF I COULD OFFER JUST ONE PIECE OF ADVICE, IT WOULD BE TO NOT GET STRESSED. ENJOY YOUR PLANNING, IT'S HALF THE FUN!

AS FOR MEALS, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND CHEF MICKEY'S. THE KIDS LOVE THE CHARACTERS. ALSO CRYSTAL PALACE IN MK (TO MEET POOH AND FRIENDS) THESE WORK GREAT WITH KIDS.

ALSO A TIP FOR THE MAGIC KINGDOM---- IF IT'S OPEN GO TO TOM SAWYER ISLAND. YOU'LL WELCOME THE REFUGE FROM THE CROWDED PARK AND YOUR KIDS WILL LOVE TO BE ABLE RUN AROUND AND EXPLORE THE CAVES, BRIDGES, ETC. THIS WAS THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY SON'S VISIT WHEN HE WAS 6. HE STILL TALKS ABOUT IT FOUR YEARS LATER.

ABOVE ALL.....ENJOY!!!

5. Sabor

Sabor Mouseketeer

One bit of advice with kids that age.
    Assuming you are staying on property.
    Get an early start , at noon to one go back to the resort take a nap and some swim time and than go back to a different park.
    It helps to break up the day and keep the kids from getting to overwhelmed. You are afterall on vacation. It is impossible to do and see everything in that time frame so do not kill yourself trying.
    The only day I would not break is at Animal Kingdom , I would get there at opening and eat lunch at Flame tree and stay until 5 (see Jamming Junle Parade at 3 and DO NOT MISS THE LEGEND OF THE LION KING SHOW), go back to the room , pool or shower and maybe do Downtown Disney that night. The other three parks I would do a morning jaunt and an evening one . I would try to catch Illuminations at Epcot one night and Fantasmic at MGM one night if you are up for three late nights you could catch the Parade and Wishes at MK but I prefer the other two better.
    If you want to see Mickey the best place is at MGM when he first comes out at 10. Get there at Opening see first playhose Disney show or Little Mermaid than head down to see Mickey. We have done this twice and at Five minutes before it starts there was no line. You can wait for hours over at MK.

6. iloveeeyore

iloveeeyore DIS Veteran

My kids at that age absolutely LOVED Hoop Dee Doo Revue. Of all the wonderful things they did on our trip, this is what they remember and laugh about most to this day! And Chef Mickey's our first night. They insist on doing this again. And dining at CRT for breakfast. (OK, so it seems my kids like food more than rides!)

They also loved the Pirate Cruise, which leaves from the dock at GF. It took a big chunk out of our touring time, though, and was a little expensive.

Every child is different, so you never know what will float their boats!