Accountant Help!

MMluvsWDW

Forever Mickey's
Can anyone tell me what a reasonable price for an accountant would be? We started our own small business this year and just realized me made a mistake on our taxes. I would like to start going to an accountant now rather than do this stuff ourselves. It's getting too complicated for taxes!! We're north of Atlanta if that makes a difference.

Can anyone tell me what a reasonable price for an accountant would be? We started our own small business this year and just realized me made a mistake on our taxes. I would like to start going to an accountant now rather than do this stuff ourselves. It's getting too complicated for taxes!! We're north of Atlanta if that makes a difference.

If you're looking strickly for tax help for your business, I recommend you visit with a few EA's (enrolled agents) in your area. Depending on the size of your business, you may only need to have them do your books quarterly or semi-annually. If you have employees on W2 wages, then monthly may be required (depending on volume). An EA will prepare financial statements for taxation purposes and prepare your annual tax return based on the data your provide. Prices can vary, so interview a few and find one that you like and trust.

There's not going to be one answer for this. Since it's a service, each person charges whatever they see fit. It will depend on how much service you require and how much experience the person giving it to you has.

I work in an accounting office and see every invoice that goes out. Even from the same CPA, the fees vary wildly from person to person. We do both business and personal returns. Again, the fees vary wildly.

The only thing you can really do is talk to someone, lay out exactly what services you need and get a quote for it. Don't leave things out and hope they'll quote you lower because of it. That will just mean that you'll end up with a bill higher than the quote when your returns take longer than you implied they would.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter