Accessible Staterooms

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by crashbb, Aug 8, 2013.

1. crashbb

crashbb DIS Veteran

Do all stateroom categories have accessible staterooms? We'd prefer to travel on one of the older/smaller ships. I'm travelling with someone in an ECV so just want to know if we are going to limited in what type of stateroom we will be able to consider.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. barbarasc

barbarasc CruiseCrazy

yes there are LIMITED accessible cabins for inside, ocean view and verandah cabins :-) :cool1:

4. Bear3412

Bear3412 DIS Veteran

The Magic and Wonder have 12 regular cabins, and 4 suites designated as HC.

2 inside 11a's on deck 7, 2 inside 11b's on deck 6, 2 oceanview 9a's on deck 6, 6 balcony 6a's on decks 6 & 7, 4 cat T's suites on deck 8.

All are aft except the the 2 oceanview cabins.

Have you seen deck plans?
    http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=Disney Magic

HTH

5. crashbb

crashbb DIS Veteran

That totally helps! I didn't think of just searching through the deck plans. So, it looks like all "types" are available but not all cost classes (i.e. only 9a, not 9b or 9c).

Thanks!

6. PrincessTrisha

PrincessTrisha DIS Veteran

If you're looking at specific sailings, you can go to the DCL website and search for a cruise - from there you click the box that says "I need an accessible stateroom" and that's all that will displayed for your cruise.

7. shoes99

shoes99 DIS Veteran

DH hurt his back and is in therapy, we sail in 29 days. I just paid for an upgrade to a 4B accessable cabin on deck 8. It was the only cat available at this late date. I will rent a scooter from Brevard County medical for use on the ship. I just hope he feels a little better before we fly to FL fro NJ.