1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Accessible entrance at new FOTLK theater?

Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by Wendydagny, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Wendydagny

Wendydagny Mouseketeer

I know in the old theater, all wheelchairs had to go through a separate entrance and they were seated first. In December IIRC we were not even able to use fp+ here because we needed to go in the wheelchair entrance. Is this still the case with the new theater? Just don't want to waste a fp.

2. SueM in MN

SueM in MN combining the teacups with a roller coaster Moderator

We used Fastpass Plus there in October and November 2013. Because they started letting guests using Fastpass Plus in before they opened the doors to the other guests, using a wheelchair in the Fastpass Plus line was not an issue.
    I have not been there since the new theater, but expect it to be the same now.

The only reason they pulled out wheelchair users in the past was to get a count so they did not have more guests using mobility devices in the queue to get in than there were spots in the theater for them.
    In the past, we often saw guests with wheelchairs arriving and being shown to spots in the theater even a few minutes before the start of the show.

3. southernfriedmom

southernfriedmom Mouseketeer

Finalizing our July plans- I am hoping to attend the first show (10AM) of FotLK and will be bringing in our stroller with a wheelchair tag. Can we use our DAS for this since it has a FP? If so, how could you accomplish that with the first show (will someone be there early?) or would you think the crowds are low enough for the first show we shouldn't bother? Thanks!

4. bairdbeth

bairdbeth DIS Veteran

We just went to the FOLK yesterday and my son uses a scooter. They direct all FP+ to a FP line that is accessible. If you do not have a FP and use mobility equipment, there is a separate entrance where you will queue. It is located right next to the standby entrance (a gate martked with the white circle and blue wheelchair). They will seat FP+ first and then the mobility line and finally the standby. Pretty much set up like the other theater. I will say that the area in front of the queues is narrower than the previous theater and it can become congested. They did put up some ropes to try to keep the walkway area clear and people moving.