Acceptable proof of ID

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by KimCon, May 8, 2001.

1. KimCon

KimCon Future Floridian

I will be flying with my kids, ages 14 and 10, next month. I understand that you have to have proof of identification. What is acceptable proof for kids?

TIA

Kim

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. hercamore

hercamore <font color=blue>beagle boy mom<br><font color=tea

I believe kids only over l6 yrs need i.d. My kids have never been checked for i.d. even tho they're older teens.

4. Beverly Lynn

Beverly Lynn comfortably numb

from the age of 18 on you have to have a state issued photo id...but they do ask for it starting with kids at the age of 16 and older. must have something to do with the driving age.

5. pdzabe

pdzabe Mouseketeer

Just recently returned from our trip and flight with US Air. They didn't ask for proof of ID for our two kids ages 13 and 16, although I had brought extra copies of their birth certificates. I don't have a photo drivers license, so for me I brought my government ID with photo and they accepted that.

6. mikamouse

mikamouse Disney & Harleys Rule!!!

Beverly knows!!! yep..18 and above!!! I ask this everytime I go!!!! my daughter is 17...and they never need!

7. william41

william41 - Resident Music Guy -

All the above lead me to ask this:

What about friends flying with you?
    We have asked my 15 yr. old daughters' friend (of same age) to go with us ... her full name is on the e-ticket along with ours ... will they ask to see HER ID? And, if so, what will she need?

Thanks,

William