Acapulco/Cabo Excursion Suggestions

S.Sunshine

A Bad Day at Sea is Better Than a Good Day at Work
HELP - Please. I have read so much that I am getting confused. Can I please get some opinions/suggestions for things to do in Acapulco and Cabo. We are on the Repo cruise is less than 5 weeks and we still are trying to figure out what all we are going to do. (We = DM - 77, DD - 7 and myself 48) In Cabo we are planning on doing the Chileno (sp) in the AM but not sure what to do in the PM. (Also concerned about the Jelly Fish) We are clueless in Acapulco. Thanks in Advance for any tips, tricks, suggestions and opinions.

In Acapulco. The best thing to do..very easy. Catch a cab to the cliff divers, on your own. Pay $12 per person when you get there for the preferred seating. This gets you a table/chairs and two drinks each.

After that, we grabbed a cab to Planet Hollywood and Hard Rock, then on to Carlos and Charlies to have lunch.

A big do not do....do not follow the guys in the blue shirts that want to lead you to the flea market. In fact..stay away from the flea market altogether.
We found the best souvenier shopping to be in that little shop right at the port. They have a little bit of everything and prices are good compared to what you will be offered out in town.

Last time we visited (Nov 2000, via cruise ship) we tried the Shot-Over Jet. It was excellent. Tends to be thrilling (fast, sharp turns)!

Did any of the May Repo cruisers do the Acapulco Family Beach Break? I am planning to do this with my DD and DS but my DH with not be able to join us. I have read a lot of negative reviews about Acapulco in general and wondered if those who had done this had a good experience. I guess I am especially concerned becasue if will just be myself and my kids.

hi - we just got back from the July 17th cruise. We did the santa Maria Snorkel in Cabo. because the water was so rough, we had to go to chileno bay, which was calmer. I have very mixed thoughts about this excursion, and would approach it with caution. first, the sailing was fabulous. Great catamran and crew, great views of the arch, and the kids had a great time on the net bouncing over the waves. But good sailing means not so good snorkeling. My daughter is 7 and it was WAY too rough to snorkel, and too long a swim from the boat to the reef even if it had been calmer. we ended up just swimming around the boat for a while. The water temp was perfect and there were no jellies (my big concern). I knew this would not be like Carribean snorkeling, so I was prepared for colder, rougher seas and not as many fish, but i thought the cove would be more protected and there would be at least some snorkeling. Also, disney described the excursion as having a beach available to play on, but the captain said they never go to the beach and in fact cannot. Anyway, if this is the kids' first intro to snorkeling, dont do it. wait till you get to the caribbean, where they can feel safe and try it in small doses If the sail is as big a draw as the snorkel part - dont miss it!! The sail back was one of my best hours on the cruise. An alternative in Cabo that our table-mates said was wonderful (and not listed on the web ) is the Melia hotel and Nikki Beach club. whatever you decide, Cabo is wonderful, the trip is wonderful, so dont stress too much. :sunny:

bumping again - starting to have real concern about Acapulco - anyone have more info on the Acapulco Beach break?

try posting over on their meet thread and see if you get any response about the beach break

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter