? about Toronto

sweetheart2576

Disney Fanatic
We plan on going to Toronto for the weekend. We are staying at Radisson Markham and going to the science museum. Any opinions on this hotel? Also what is dave and busters, is it for kids, worth going to?

I can't answer about the hotel but Dave & Buster's is like Chucke Cheese (sp?) for adults. My DH loves it there. It is a little cheesy, but fun. Video games, food, music, that sort of thing.

I have never heard of Dave and Buster's, but I went to their website to check it out. Turns out there is one near dh's work in Vaughan. He knows the street it's on, but never heard of it either. Can kids go? Thanks! S

I'm not sure about which hotel is the Radison, but there are a string of hotels along Highway #7 & 404 which lead into Markham and they all look nice. You are not too far from the Markville Mall which I really like...all the big stores under one roof...Walmart, Bay, Sears and all the other chain stores. If the hotel is where I think it is, it's also very close to a Costco, Home Depot, Chapters and on the other side of the highway are a lot of eating places. We were at the Ontario Science Center a couple of weeks ago and kids really liked it. Make sure you see one of the movies and try to make one of the electricty demonstrations where they make your hair stand up! We've never been inside of Dave and Busters, but from what we hear, older children might be ok there, but I think it's more adult-like video games, pool tables. There is a bit Wave Pool not too far from you in Richmond Hill if your kids like "thrill" swimming.

The "Town of Markham" is a quite an unusual place (it's home for me)- if it's on Markham Rd it could be in Scarborough all the way up to Markham. If it's around the 404 & Hwy 7 then it's in Unionville and it should be a fairly new one and be quite nice. If you have the address, I can probably tell whether it's on old hotel just bought out be the "Radisson" chain.
Dave & Buster's is my nephews (11 yr) favorite place in the world (But only 'cuz the poor lad has never been to WDW-yet)
& SIL loves it over Chuckie Cheeze's

Thanks for all your replies. The radisson was on valahalla drive or something like that. It was a nice hotel and all had fun at the science center. We love Toronto, we try and go there at least once a year, usually to the zoo, CN tower and african lion safari(in cambridge). Now we are planning another trip down in June for Canada's Wonderland. Me and hubby haven't been there in about 8 years. Anyone know any good deals on tickets, hotels. We will hit the safari at this time too, skipping zoo this year. Also any opinions on Centerville on the island in Toronto. Any other places we should try to see? TYIA

There are way too many hotels to be there. Brand new hotel next to Dave and Busters..... It is at 400 and 7. Not close to downtown. Dave and Busters is a lot of fun, for kids and adults. There is a huge cinema, glow in the dark putting, Walmart, Costco and shopping.... But why you wouldn't want to be downtown I don't know.

I'd pass on reservations, do some research and decide what area you want to be in and what you want to do....

emmalgin, ty for letting me know about the new hotel. I had just decided this past friday that we were going to go to the science center on saturday. I then decided to just stay the night on friday so we didn't have to wake up early on saturday to drive to toronto(we live in Niagara Falls, ny}. Although it was in the middle of nothing, it didn't bother us. We did not arrive in Toronto until 930 at night and we were only staying the night to do the science center and possible to go to dave and busters. If we were planning on staying longer i would have researched hotel more carefully but for a place to sleep it was fine, they also had a package that included the tickets to the science center and a free buffet type breakfast that consisited of eggs, cereal, bagels, juice. All in all the price wasn't bad. The kids were able to go swimming and hubby and I were able to relax in the hot tub. When going to Wonderland we will research a little better, Can you recommend any hotel suitable for the weekend for wonderland?

NF, NY.... My inlaws have a restaurant there, we are there at least once a month.

Dave and Busters and the Hotel I am thinking about is a Courtyard By Marriott. It is brand new and is 10 minutes (4 miles) from Wonderland.

Dave & Busters becomes Adult only at night.

I am 10 minutes from the Science Center and it is a neat place (we're members). It will probably take up the majority of the day.

Not much food nearby, so eat a good breakfast.

Let me know if you need any dinner suggestions and what you are looking for.

Your $ still goes far here.

Chu's on Main St.

Let me know if you have any questions concerning Toronto.

At thje Science Center I'd suggest seeing an Imax film. They have one filmed on the Space Station, narrated by Tom Cruise and another one on Shackleton and his Antarctic Expedition.

Expect to spend at least 3-4 hours minimum there.

We agree with seeing the Imax movies...We have recently seen both the Shackeltons' one and the Space Station,a nd they were AMAZING! We weren't too sure if we would like the Shackelton's one, but it was SOOOOOOOO good!

Centreville is great for kids up to about 11-12 years old. Lots of fun and easily accessible rides and surrounded by parkland and the Lake - the ferry ride over from the city is like a breath of fresh air

Have a great time now and in June!

Thanks
Jason
Aurora (just north of Toronto)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter