About to book our 2013 honeymoon on the Fantasy... Cruise newbie!

kmaria

Mouseketeer
My honeymoon at this point is slated to be a 7 night Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy in December of 2013 (we are waiting for the quote from our TA). I've never been on a cruise, and my Fiance has never been to Disney World! (We will spend a couple nights at a resort to visit parks first though)

Right now we have the Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Navigator Verandah on either decks 5-9 slated to be our choice. I think the private verandah will be nice on a longer cruise.

I've heard some decks are better than others. Is this due to foot traffic or view or both? I am SO excited, but I have to say, being new to cruising is really overwhelming for me when it comes to trying to plan all of this out! What are your best tips for newcomers?

What are your favorite things about the stops in the Caribbean? What awesome things have you seen or heard or are anticipating about the Fantasy?

Sorry for the millions of questions. I'm so excited! :cutie:

Are you going to the Eastern or Western?
Be sure to read the FAQ sticky at the top.
Asking specific questions will get you the best responses from the helpfull people on these boards.
Read, read, and read some more of the posts on this board.

Are you going to the Eastern or Western?
Be sure to read the FAQ sticky at the top.
Asking specific questions will get you the best responses from the helpfull people on these boards.
Read, read, and read some more of the posts on this board.

It's Eastern Caribbean. There are some specific questions there. :)

Hey, me too! <3 My fiancee and I are planning our Honeymoon for October 2013 on the Fantasy. :D I am also a newbie. Neither of us have been on a cruise OR to Disneyworld!! (But he proposed in Disneyland)

Hey, me too! <3 My fiancee and I are planning our Honeymoon for October 2013 on the Fantasy. :D I am also a newbie. Neither of us have been on a cruise OR to Disneyworld!! (But he proposed in Disneyland)

Congratulations on your engagement!! My fiance has been on a cruise but I don't think he remembers too much of it. Planning is so much fun. I am out of my element when it comes to a cruise though. I'm excited to give it a shot, especially with Disney. :thumbsup2

Well, first let me tell you, there are no navigator veranda's on the Fantasy. They are using that term as the new recategorization of some of the veranda rooms that either have obstructed views or are smaller than normal. I would have your TA check the price difference to go up one more category to a "regular" veranda. For only two people it might be very little price difference. I just wouldn't want you to plan for such a special event and get there and you have a tiny veranda. :confused3
I have heard a few reports about the cabins on deck 5 aft hearing a lot of noise from the adult only clubs directly below them, but you guys might be at the clubs so that might not be an issue. Since you are on your honeymoon and (I'm assuming)not bringing any kids with you I would try and get a location convenient to some of the adult only areas. We spent alot of time at the quiet cove pool and cove cafe on our last cruise, so it was nice being more towards the forward part of the ship.

We are booked in a navigators verandah on the fantasy OCT 2013.
And i am pretty sure that is what it was called on the disneycruiseline website when i booked.

even so, it was about 300 more for a whitewall and then maybe another 300 for not a white wall that was for 4 people.

if you want to save some money i would say stick with the smaller verandah,
especially being your first cruise, you are going to have so much to explore and see you you possibly wont be on the verandah that much.

although nice to have for pulling into port or getting some air on your own.

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Well, first let me tell you, there are no navigator veranda's on the Fantasy. They are using that term as the new recategorization of some of the veranda rooms that either have obstructed views or are smaller than normal. I would have your TA check the price difference to go up one more category to a "regular" veranda. For only two people it might be very little price difference. I just wouldn't want you to plan for such a special event and get there and you have a tiny veranda. :confused3
I have heard a few reports about the cabins on deck 5 aft hearing a lot of noise from the adult only clubs directly below them, but you guys might be at the clubs so that might not be an issue. Since you are on your honeymoon and (I'm assuming)not bringing any kids with you I would try and get a location convenient to some of the adult only areas. We spent alot of time at the quiet cove pool and cove cafe on our last cruise, so it was nice being more towards the forward part of the ship.

That is a very good tip about asking to be near the adult only areas. I will make a note of that for sure. Thank you very much! And about the Navigators Verandah... I really don't know what that particular verandah is supposed to be like in the first place :confused3 but I did read it is smaller with a partially obstructed view, which I actually don't mind so much. If we can score a deal on a bigger one I certainly wouldn't mind upgrading!

We are booked in a navigators verandah on the fantasy OCT 2013.
And i am pretty sure that is what it was called on the disneycruiseline website when i booked.

even so, it was about 300 more for a whitewall and then maybe another 300 for not a white wall that was for 4 people.

if you want to save some money i would say stick with the smaller verandah,
especially being your first cruise, you are going to have so much to explore and see you you possibly wont be on the verandah that much.

although nice to have for pulling into port or getting some air on your own.

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Yeah I noticed those price differences too! I'm not worried about it being too small... I wouldn't even really worry about having any sort of verandah if it were a shorter cruise, but with the longer ones I definitely think it will be worthwhile! And thank you!! :goodvibes Same to you!!

Hi We are booked into a room with a Navigator Verandah because the room next door is an oceanview room with no verandah so the side of the ship kind of overlaps onto our verandah but we are not bothered at all, as long as we can see out and have the doors open to sit and have a coffee in the mornings with a lovely view .. that will do us!! And besides for the room next door with no obstruction was another £400 ... weve been on a 3 nighter on the Dream last month and we really didnt spend that much time in our room so dont worry about the Navigator verandah.

U will have an amazing time, the Dream was absolutely amazing ... we loved it and the kids said they had the best time ever .. we all had tears in our eyes and were very sad when we were leaving the ship!! The restaurants are lovely but because its your honey moon u could do Remy`s or Palos ... also u could book for some treatments when u are on a sea day .... the adults areas are lovely, the clubs etc are fantastic too ... but dont forget the shows ... OMG i just realised how much there is to do onboard!!! You will have the best time xxxx

Hi We are booked into a room with a Navigator Verandah because the room next door is an oceanview room with no verandah so the side of the ship kind of overlaps onto our verandah but we are not bothered at all, as long as we can see out and have the doors open to sit and have a coffee in the mornings with a lovely view .. that will do us!! And besides for the room next door with no obstruction was another £400 ... weve been on a 3 nighter on the Dream last month and we really didnt spend that much time in our room so dont worry about the Navigator verandah.

U will have an amazing time, the Dream was absolutely amazing ... we loved it and the kids said they had the best time ever .. we all had tears in our eyes and were very sad when we were leaving the ship!! The restaurants are lovely but because its your honey moon u could do Remy`s or Palos ... also u could book for some treatments when u are on a sea day .... the adults areas are lovely, the clubs etc are fantastic too ... but dont forget the shows ... OMG i just realised how much there is to do onboard!!! You will have the best time xxxx

I am looking forward to the shows, definitely! Thank you for the explanation about the Navigator's Verandah :) It really won't bother me to have a smaller one, I am after the same thing as you. Just a little private spot with a good view for morning coffee or evening wine. I am soooo anxious to hammer out all the details !!! :goodvibes Thank you for your comments!

I just wanted the OP to know that a Navigators Veranda is not the same thing on the Dream and Fantasy that it is on the Magic and Wonder. On the older ships it is still the same size as a veranda it is just enclosed and has a cushioned bench, very cozy. ;) On the new ships it's the veranda's that are either smaller or have an obstructed view. I agree that it wouldn't be worth $300 or so dollars to upgrade. The cruise that we are booked on for the week of Presidents day in 2013 it was only $20 more pp to go from a category 7A to a 6(can't remember the letter), which is why I thought I would mention looking into the price difference. :thumbsup2

I just wanted the OP to know that a Navigators Veranda is not the same thing on the Dream and Fantasy that it is on the Magic and Wonder. On the older ships it is still the same size as a veranda it is just enclosed and has a cushioned bench, very cozy. ;) On the new ships it's the veranda's that are either smaller or have an obstructed view. I agree that it wouldn't be worth $300 or so dollars to upgrade. The cruise that we are booked on for the week of Presidents day in 2013 it was only $20 more pp to go from a category 7A to a 6(can't remember the letter), which is why I thought I would mention looking into the price difference. :thumbsup2

Ahh! That would be good to know for someone who actually knew what A Navigators was on previous ships and was expecting the same thing. That sounds really nice actually!

Thanks for that info! :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter