? about tix with free dining package

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by eeyoresmom, Apr 25, 2013.

1. eeyoresmom

eeyoresmom Guest

We are DVC members and AP holders, but MAY book a few nights at a moderate to celebrate my birthday in Sept. If free dining matches our dates, I will have to buy 2 day tickets. Can I use these tickets to upgrade to my kids AP's when we go for our big family trip next spring, or are they tied to the person in the original reservation? TIA

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. TheDisney411

TheDisney411 DIS Veteran

Yes

4. eeyoresmom

eeyoresmom Guest

Yes I can use them later for my kids or yes thay are tied to the people in the free dining reservation?

5. danny25

danny25 I love Disney and I´m friend of STICH

of course you can do that, enjoy your Magical trip :goodvibes

6. danny25

danny25 I love Disney and I´m friend of STICH

you can use for AP :thumbsup2

7. TheDisney411

TheDisney411 DIS Veteran

Yes, you can always use your package tickets to upgrade to APs

8. eeyoresmom

eeyoresmom Guest

Thank you. The tickets won't be activated until we use them though, correct?I can wait until March 2014 to do this? I want those AP's to cover our March 2014 and 2015 trips if possible. Having never attempted to do this before, are the tickets on our KTTW card and we would have to keep those? Sorry for all the questions, but if I can't use the 2 day tickets this way, the package won't make sense for us.

9. Kimmy2Disney

Kimmy2Disney Can't wait to be back in the world!!

As long as you don't use those 2 day tickets at all you will be fine- my husband and I upgraded to AP last month using our then current 9 day hoppers and also used 2 one day base tickets we had bought 3 years ago when we had AP but had to get tix for a FD bounce back. Offset the cost with a $100 GC from my disney visa rewards and paid around $150 for 2 annual passes! Can't beat that!!

10. mejo

mejo Mouseketeer

You can combine two tickets to upgrade to the AP?????

11. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

Not by the rules. All upgrades are one to one transactions. Someone may have gotten pixie dusted and been allowed to do otherwise, but definitely not something to count on.

12. Kimmy2Disney

Kimmy2Disney Can't wait to be back in the world!!

The CM didn't act as though it was anything complicated or that shouldn't have been done... She just took what we paid for our 9 day, took what we paid for our 1 day and then subtracted that $$$ from the cost to buy an annual pass.