? about the WDW ticketing web site

riu girl

DIS Veteran
I checked prices earlier today on the WDW offical webs site for 2 adults and 2 children this morning for MYW base tickets - 7 days. The price was $700 US. I just checked again just now and the price is now $764. I KNOW that this morning I was looking at the base ticket price.

Did I do something wrong?????

Suzy V.

Hi Riu Girl,

I plugged in your info (7 days, base tickets,2 x 2 adults, 2 x 2 kids, with 14 day expiry) and came up with $718.00.
But I am unsure if this includes taxes.

I would go with the 10 days no expiry option, that way you will have enough days for 2 trips. I have done the same thing. I have purchased a 10 day premium ticket with no expiry and park hopper option for $362.00 (including taxes) for myself.

But of course, it all goes back to how many $ to spend at this time.

I also purchased 2 x 4 day PHP passes for my kids as we already had some days left over on older tickets we have as well as water park plus days.

The other factor with my kids is that they are older (24 & 13) so I don't know if they will be going to Disney with me as much in the future.
I am hoping that I can use some of the days on my 10 days ticket for a solo adventure.

Hope this helps.
iluvwesties (AKA Carol) :wave:

Carol, you were right. I was looking at the pre-tax price this morning. Thanks for helping me with this. I guess I should spend some more time on the WDW web site (its just that I really prefer DIS) :D

I'm not sure what I will do, I am still not sure if I should buy 7 day base MYW tickets or pay the extra $$ and buy the 10 day non-expiring (for the next 2 WDW trips). I will save $ in the long run this way, its just that DH is really determinied that we are going to Mexico before we go back to WDW so I have to try and save for both holidays.

Thanks again
Suzy V

Hi Suzy V,

I love these boards also, I check these boards first every day (sometimes more than once a day!!!). The info is invaluable for planning a trip.

There is also lots of info at another website www.allears.com
which may help you with your plans.

I also periodically check the WDW official site for anything new.

I am a Disneyfanatic and love looking at all the info.

Re: the tickets, it is a personal thing (again going back to $) but I thought about this alot before I purchased my 10day, non expiry ticket, what you maybe could consider is just buying one 10day (non expiry) ticket for now and regular base tickets to cover the other admissions, then buy another 10 day ticket (non expiry) at a later date (year from now?) so that eventually, you will all have admissions at some point or another without having to pay a large amount at one time?

Of course, This would only work for you if you feel that you would be going back to Disney more than once every few years.

For Disneyfanatics, like myself, once a year isn't even enough!

What you said makes total sense (about not buying all tickets at once). I will have to figure out what Mexico will cost first and then do some serious "belt tightening" so I can start buying some WDW tickets!!

Again, thanks for all the tips.

Have a great night.

Suzy V.

Your'e Welcome,

Have a GREAT (Disney) night also!!!

p.s. half the fun is in the planning!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter