About the Pastor

weich1001

Wendi
Does anyone take along their own Pastor? Or do you just use one off Disney's list of Officiant's? Are there any that you'd reccomend?

I brought my own pastor because that was important to me. I know alot of people use officiants off of Disney's list.

Ditto! It was really important to us to be married by someone we knew and who knew us, plus he's been a friend of DH's family since DH was a kid.

We were so fortunate that our officiant was able to fly out from California for our wedding!

Ditto! It was really important to us to be married by someone we knew and who knew us, plus he's been a friend of DH's family since DH was a kid.

We were so fortunate that our officiant was able to fly out from California for our wedding!

We feel the same way. He's almost like a member of the family. He goes tubing with the kids, fishing with Glenn and anything else you name it. He's agreed to do it and found out legally he can, but we just weren't sure what people typically did.

We are flying in my pastor and his wife for our wedding. We are paying for his flight and his wife's flight as well as their room for three nights. He is bringing his three children and he will pay for them and any additional nights, but his children and wife are of course invited to the wedding and reception and all related events. My pastor is someone that is very close to me and it means so much that he is coming to our wedding. It will make it that much more special for us, and it's a double bonus for him because he is the biggest Disney nut that I've ever met and on his bucket list is to do a wedding at Disney World...UM HELLO! :) The man is so excited that he brought me up on stage and told the entire congregation about our wedding! LOL I love his enthusiasm. If you have a pastor that you are close with like this, then I highly reccommend at least asking if he (or she) would be willing to wed you in the most magical place on earth. Most likely you will get a YES! :)

I used Pastor Luther Kistler's services; I found him on Disney's list of officiants. Our experience with him was wonderful.

He met with us a couple of weeks before the wedding; came to our rehearsal, and was great at the wedding. All of the guests were raving about his sense of humor and the ceremony in general. He was extremely sincere throughout the whole thing.

So I would highly recommend him :thumbsup2 Good luck with whomever you choose!

We actually had DH's uncle (whom we love very much and are close with) perform the ceremony, then DH's brother, who is a licensed notary (they can marry you in FL!) performed a set of vows to make it official! :)

We are bringing ours. Its important that we be married by someone we actually know.
We are planning on renting a charter for the 24 hour drive and will bring along one of our three pastors, their spouse, and kiddos!

We are using Rev. Jack Day, he is super sweet on the phone, what sealed the deal for us was seeing him marry Toni (DisneyBrideToni)and her DH. He did a beautiful service and was very kind. I am happy that we finalized the decision though, it was a strange process... picking a stranger to marry you

We used Pastor Sigfried Jaeger from Disney's list. He was great! He did the ceremony exactly as I asked and he was very sweet. Everyone commented on how nice he was. He was also very prompt in returning phone calls/emails and called the day before just to make sure I was ok and didn't have any more questions.

We are hoping to use my brother as our officiant although he is currently living in South Korea :(

We are using Rev. Jack Day, he is super sweet on the phone, what sealed the deal for us was seeing him marry Toni (DisneyBrideToni)and her DH. He did a beautiful service and was very kind. I am happy that we finalized the decision though, it was a strange process... picking a stranger to marry you

Exactly. I think Rev. Jack is just awesome. Did you see the picture of him and his wife in the Cinderella coach on his website? :cutie:

Someone please correct me if I am incorrect, but I *think* that if your having an Escape, and you do not use one of Disneys recommended Pastors, it actually would count as a guest?

So we will be using one of theirs since our guest list is an issue.

Exactly. I think Rev. Jack is just awesome. Did you see the picture of him and his wife in the Cinderella coach on his website? :cutie:

Ummm that is what sealed the deal for us to have him! How freakin cute are they! I loved it! Did you see him perfrom Toni's wedding? Such a wonderful ceremony:goodvibes

Someone please correct me if I am incorrect, but I *think* that if your having an Escape, and you do not use one of Disneys recommended Pastors, it actually would count as a guest?

So we will be using one of theirs since our guest list is an issue.

That's true. We did some research on Disney's preferred list too, (bc guest numbers are precious in Escape weddings). Look at the websites, review the comments on the boards- email them ask to see sample ceremonies and see if anyone seems right for you. We chose Rev. Jack Day- we have heard VERY good things about him and his ceremonies are beautiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!