? about the McDonalds near the All Star Resorts

sueh

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at ASMu and would like to know how far is it from the resort?

We will not have access to a car so how far of a walk would it be?

And is it true that it's only open for breakfast????

Thanks
Sue

Can't walk. Not safe. No sidewalks. If a Cast Member sees you trying, you will be "strongly discouraged" from continuing your attempt (Disney really IS concerned about our safety).

But, no, it's not just open for breakfast.

Please don't try to walk. There are no sidewalks or crosswalks. It really isn't safe.

I *think* that they are open 24 hours, and they serve all meals.

There is a Mcdonalds in Downtown Disney, I believe but the other huge Mcdonalds is far away. I would not attempt to walk it. I wonder if the Disney bus goes that way.

Also remember it is DISNEY McDonald's prices. I thought we would save money by just going to McDonald's and I was SOOOO wrong!

I've seen many castmembers walking to it. A few years ago, there was a cast member lot behind there so all of them were walking across the street to get to the hotel.

I'm not sure if that cast member lot is still there, but on my last trip I saw people crossing.

We sometimes grab a quick breakfast from there. There are no sidewalks coming from the AS hotels & it is at a busy intersection. The prices so seem to be "on property" prices for sure.

I saw people walking in May and like others said, it is not a good idea. The food is way better in the courts at the All Stars and if you get one of the "specials," the prices are better too.

Can't walk. Not safe. No sidewalks. If a Cast Member sees you trying, you will be "strongly discouraged" from continuing your attempt (Disney really IS concerned about our safety).

But, no, it's not just open for breakfast.

That is not true -- there are sidewalks all the way there as well as traffic lights right at McDonald's. These are the very same cross walks the CMs use to get from their lot to the All Stars. I have walked more than once and right by the guard gate just fine. The sidewalks are large along this area (and in fact many use them to jog further down the road. You will see other walkers.

It is true in other areas of the Disney resort areas are not suitable for walking but this area is fine.

The drive through is open 24 hours. The rest of time the restaurant is open for all meals.

Liz

The CM parking lot is right next to the McD's and they walk from it to the resorts all the time, so I think walking to it would be fine. Disney, I'm sure, would prefer that you stay and eat in the food court though.

Also, it is not true that it is open just for breakfast. We often stop there and grab a quick bite to eat on our way home from the parks, so definitely serving more than just breakfast.

If you just want McD's or are trying to save money, the Downtown Disney one is a much better bet.

Also remember it is DISNEY McDonald's prices. I thought we would save money by just going to McDonald's and I was SOOOO wrong!

Definitely remember that,by the time we finished eating here we definitely could have eaten at a CS in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter