? about the Fantasmic Dinner Package...

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by G8r4evr, Jan 12, 2013.

1. G8r4evr

G8r4evr DIS Veteran

I just reserved the dinner package at MM, but it didnt give me any prices. Do we order from the full menu with the package, or is it a limited menu at a set price? Also, how much is the reserved seating for Fanatsmic add on? Im so confused.....I have no idea how much of our budget to reserve for this event. Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

The prices for the MM f. dining package can be found here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/fantasmic.htm

It is a set fee for the entire package. You order from the regular menu and will get an appetizer, entree, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage. You will receive the voucher for your reserved seating at the end of the meal. I believe that a few months ago they changed the way dessert is served. Instead of ordering dessert from the menu, they bring a sampler platter for the whole table.

Just to be clear- you must reserve the F. Dining Package. You cannot make a regular ADR for a MM meal and then hope to pay extra for the seating.

4. MrRomance

MrRomance Planning and Plotting

I don't know if it's changed - someone else might be able to confirm - but when we did the Fantasmic Dinner Package, we had to book the package not just a reservation at the restaurant. We did H&V and it was a couple of years ago, but I don't think you just make a reservation, I think you tell them ahead of time that you want the package because they only have a set amount of the Dinner Package Tickets available.

5. G8r4evr

G8r4evr DIS Veteran

Im pretty sure I booked both online. I dont remember seeing it before, so maybe its new?

Mama Melroses Lunch Fantasmic
    Date: Friday, January 25, 2013Time: 3:10 PMGuests: 3 Adults Modify Guests Location: Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano - Streets of America - Disney's Hollywood Studios®Guaranteed by Credit Card Opens tool tip. Beginning of tooltip contentEnd of tooltip content

6. G8r4evr

G8r4evr DIS Veteran

Thank you so much! I didnt realize the Fantasmic ticket was included in the meal price? That makes me feel so much better about the cost. No wonder the menu looked so pricey. $$ So for 2 adults and 1 child. We will get a full meal + a reserved seat for $35-$50 a piece? :) Are the seats pretty good?

7. MrRomance

MrRomance Planning and Plotting

The seating we had was to the right of the arena, it was the second block over from the right so you're not central but there isn't really a "bad" seat in there. As long as you booked the Dinner Package you should be fine. :thumbsup2

8. G8r4evr

G8r4evr DIS Veteran

So excited! I havent seen Fantasmic in 10 years! Really hoping our soon to be 5 year old loves it. Thank you! :cool1:

9. amypetecar

amypetecar DIS Veteran

The seats arent great, but are ok if you show up at 30 minutes prior to showtime and try to get as close to the rope as possible.

10. SabresFan

SabresFan Mouseketeer

The seating is to the far right of the amphitheater. The best views are from seats in the center, but to get those you have to get in line 2+ hours before the show starts. The biggest advantage of the Fantasmic! package is you can arrive 20 minutes before show time and still get a seat - not the best seat in the house but still a decent one (keep in mind the capacity of the entire place is about 10,000).

Of course, all meals at Disney are pricey - the Fantasmic! package is no more or less pricey than the other meals in the park. Personally, anything I can do to reduce my time spent standing in lines is well worth it, so I have never seen Fantasmic! without getting the package.

Also, Fantasmic! can be intense for little ones - just about every Disney villain that there ever was makes an appearance - so you may not want to sit super close to the action any way.

11. Tinker'n'Fun

Tinker'n'Fun <font color=purple>"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie"

When we went in December the area was move closer to the center, so yes they were good seats. You still have to get there at least 45 minutes prior as it does fill up (well this depends on if there is one or two shows and the time of the year). Also at MM you DO NOT get to pick a dessert anymore. You are given a sample tray of the desserts they serve.

We ordered our meal off the regular menu and received an appetizer and entree.

12. Mom2six

Mom2six DIS Veteran

Is this package on the dining plan or just OOP?

13. CalSea12

CalSea12 Desperately needs a dose of the magic!

I was told my a CM that it is on the dining plan but not QSDP, and its 1 TS credit.

14. purple figment

purple figment DIS Veteran

1 TS credit for MM or Hollywood & Vine

2 TS credits for Hollywood Brown Derby

15. G8r4evr

G8r4evr DIS Veteran

It looks like there is only 1 show they day we we are going. DD does not stand in line well. Even if we arrive right before the show, we are still guaranteed a seat, right?

16. Red_Rider

Red_Rider Mouseketeer

Wow, I didn't realize the package was only 1 TS credit, that's pretty good considering you get an appetizer and desert as well :)

17. bigbabyblues

bigbabyblues DIS Veteran

No. If crowds are heavy, they will open up the reserved seating area to anyone a little before the show starts. I think you still beed to be there 30 minutes or so before the show. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a couple years for us.

18. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

No.

About a half hour before showtime, they open up the reserved section and begin seating the public there. So to get the benefit, you must show up before then. It's suggested you get there at least 45 minutes before the show starts.

"Reserved seating" doesn't mean there is a seat waiting for you. They rope off a section, and for awhile before the show you must have a package voucher to sit in that section. But eventually they do open it up for guests without package vouchers. On crowded days, if you show up a minute before showtime even with a package voucher, you could wind up in standing room.

19. Mad Hattered

Mad Hattered I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work.

The new website lists the F! package as this:

Select Your Restaurant and Meal

Dining packages for The Hollywood Brown Derby and Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano are available for lunch or dinner and include one (1):

Entrée
    Dessert
    Non-alcoholic beverage
    VIP seating voucher

I know the new website is totally screwed up but did they really remove the appetizer from the package? This makes it appear less appealing, at least to us.

20. The V Gang

The V Gang The V Gang

Last time we were at MM for the fantasmic package was nov. 2011. It came with a n entree and dessert. I much prefer an appetizer (we enjoy dessert all day ...lol). Also, I thought I read a thread that said Disney came out with special limited menus for fantastic package customers.

21. G8r4evr

G8r4evr DIS Veteran

Glad I asked! I thought that you were guaranteed a seat, regardless. So if we show up 45 mins before, we will definitely get a seat though?

So is there still a benefit to this package? MM isnt my 1st choice of restaurants (I like the Sci Fi), but I picked it to guarantee us a seat for the show. Cant you get a general admission seat if you show up 45 mins before show time?