? about Sky Auction hotel stays

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by jessiesue, Apr 25, 2006.

1. jessiesue

jessiesue Mouseketeer

Jan 13, 2003
    Used Sky Auction many times but not for hotel stays. I know you can get some hotels cheaper elsewhere. My question is, do they charge the $20 processing fee for the hotel stay? Thanks
  2. lawgs

lawgs DIS Veteran

Aug 2, 2000
    the 20$ processing fee is a constant with all skyauction transactions

in addition they usually have a charge per night that is added to your final per night bid...

total thus would be

bid + tax/room surcharge x no of nights + processing fee

nightly stays are not as cost effective as the full stays.....

sometimes it is just as useful to grab a 7 night auction, even if you are only going to use it for 3 4 or 5 nights and in most cases with this type of auction you will be getting MORE than just a hotel room.....
  3. A Mickeyfan

A Mickeyfan DIS Veteran

May 31, 2000
    The hotel stays only work out if you are staying for at least 5 nights & do not bid more than say $5 per night for the ones that are like Comfort Inn, Roadway etc.. because they are really 1 & 2 star hotels on Priceline. If you bid say $5 for a 5 night stay, you will be paying $5x5=$25, $32x5=$160, add that with the the $20 processing fee & you have $205, then divide by 5 = $41 per night with tax & fees.. anymore than that is way tooo much. I had won a hotel stay for $1.00 & back then the fee was only $15. It worked out good for me.
    As lawgs has said, it may be better to just go for the 7 night stay.... and you will get a way better place to stay than a Comfort Inn, Quality Inn or Roachway opps :rotfl2: Roadway.