? about shipping a box to resort

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by BankBunny, Jul 14, 2009.

1. BankBunny

BankBunny DIS Veteran

OK so I'm planning for way into the future here, but....DH and I have decided to get an Owner's Locker starting with our next trip (Oct 2010). I would like to ship the bulkier items to the resort however we will be on a Disney cruise the week prior to our arrival to SSR. I figure that if I bring the package to UPS late on Friday it won't ship out until Saturday or Monday so then it won't get to SSR to around mid-week. Now, finally for the question...will it be a problem that the box will get there 3-4 days before us?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. rowbear

rowbear Mouseketeer

No problem. Just make sure you have your name on it and the reservation information.

Don't forget that you can get a lot of owner's locker type items (laundry detergent, toiletries, etc) from gardengrocer.com and save yourself some money on shipping.

4. Chuck S

Chuck S DVC Boards Co-Moderator Moderator

As long as it isn't ahuge box, as most Bell Services areas have rather limited storage space, it shouldn't be a problem. Be sure to put your resort confirmation number and arrival date on the outside of the box.

5. kt-scarlett

kt-scarlett Migraines are stupid, throw rocks at them.

Speaking of money, it's my understanding that Disney Resorts are now charging guests $5 per package for any packages shipped to the resort.

6. rowbear

rowbear Mouseketeer

That seems fair.

7. Anal Annie

Anal Annie at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't help it

I'm not sure about the exact fee but the extra charge is only if you ship to the Convention resorts. Not to say SSR...

We just shipped a large package in May for our Owners Locker (44 Lbs) via UPS. It went 2 day business ground or something...I shipped it from Maryland on a Monday & it arrived on Wed. We went down on Friday. When I called SSR to ask about shipping instructions they said to put our res. confirmation # and our arrival date along with the name on the ressie somewhere on the box so that Bell Services knows when to expect you...

It worked out great and I LOVE our new Owners Locker!!:thumbsup2

8. BankBunny

BankBunny DIS Veteran

Thanks for the help. It shouldn't be too big of a box. I do plan on packing as many of the item as I can. I really just think it will be a handful of the larger items that I'll need to ship. It's just the fact that we're going on the cruise first that I don't want to try and store a lot of it while we're on the ship. I would rather do WDW first and the the cruise, but one of my co-workers always takes that week off for her birthday and I'm not going to ask her not too when I can just as easily do WDW after the cruise.

9. BankBunny

BankBunny DIS Veteran

That's a thought too. I totally forgot about GardenGrocer (and we've gotten food from them twice). I'll have to compare prices. If I can get things on sale and with coupoons at home the shipping still might be cheaper. Good thing I'm such a planner and have plenty of time to figure this out.