? about risotto at le cellier

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by twebber55, Mar 6, 2010.

1. twebber55

twebber55 DIS Veteran

would love to try filet at le cellier but im not sure about risotto...i love rice and i love mushrooms so would i like this risotto?

2. stan_the_man

stan_the_man Wierdo with a beardo

Have you eaten normal risotto before? If so you will probably like it, especially as you love mushrooms

It's a very nice risotto I think, but if you are not sure you'd like it and still want the fillet, I have heard they will sub the cheesy mash instead

3. design_mom

design_mom I am probably more like my

Yes. I think you will like it. I'd also never had risotto before our trip to LeCellier in January, but I love mushrooms and rice. When the risotto arrived, I wasn't sure I liked the look of it, but it was delicious. (It was very creamy but it has a "rice-ish" quality to it.)

The risotto was the stand-out of the meal for me -- the filet was very good but I'm still thinking about the risotto!

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. erin.w

erin.w DIS Veteran

The risotto is the best part of the meal IMHO. It's so creamy and tasty. Can't wait to have it again in May!

6. Beauty & the Best

Beauty & the Best Its all so magical!

I LOVE risotto.

If you like rice and pasta, you will definitely like it as it is a bit of both - creamier and puffier than normal rice, but not quite pasta b/c it has the firmness of rice. Try something new!

7. honeydiane1953

honeydiane1953 DIS Veteran

I have ressies at Le Cellier next month for the first time. Hard to get the ressie there is an understatement. I too have never had risotto but after reading the great reviews I will try it and probably love it.

8. 3boys4me

3boys4me DIS Veteran

It is delicious. My husband is not big on the side dishes but he loved it too.

9. 68wdwmom

68wdwmom Mouseketeer

Try the risotto it is a creamy yummy rice that is very good

10. sherabby

sherabby DIS Veteran

I was uncertain as well and almost asked for a substitute. I'm soooo glad that I tried it! It was delish!!!!!

11. dogodisney

dogodisney DIS Veteran

I am going to be the odd man out here but I did not care for the risotto. IMO, it was too salty. the filet was really good though.

12. B-Ride

B-Ride Getting My Disney Fix

Not odd with our family. We have been to Le Cellier 4 years in a row and every year we find the risotto gets saltier and saltier. Other than the salt I am a huge fan of the risotto but this year I think I will ask if I can have the cream cheese mash potatoes instead.