? about hidden mickeys

vicb

DIS Veteran
This upcoming trip will be our fourth and my kids have expressed that they aren't into collecting autographs and doing character meals. They do want to finish their Epcot passports (we missed a couple of countries). I think they would enjoy hunting for hidden mickeys. For xmas I would like to give them a disney theme pack of gifts, (ex. a pin, t-shirt, dis dollars...) and I would like to put in something about hidden mickeys. I have seen one book that looks good it's the Field Guide to Hidden Mickeys. But was wondering if there is anything else along this line? Ideally I'd like to have something different about the hidden mickeys for each child.

Thanks for any suggestions! :sunny:

I bought the Field Guide for my son. An idea I had was giving my son a disposable camera and a little Disney themed photo album so he can "capture" the hidden mickeys when he finds them.

I like the idea of taking pictures of them. I plan on doing the same with my digital camera.

You might try searching the web for other lists of hidden mickeys. I only browsed the book, but it left out some of the ones that I remember seeing.

Some of the mickey's are hard to get a picture of...so I made my own personal list which your kids could do, too. We looked for them all over the place on our last trip with the yellow field guide and it was a lot of fun. The best is when you find one that is not in the book...those were some of my favorites. The kids we were looking with were 10 and 14 and they really got into it.

I actually just bought a digital camera, and I wanted a fast shutter speed so that I can take pictures of hidden mickeys. I didn't get an optical viewfinder on my camera because during dark rides, it is hard to see what you want to see. But the book is very good, but some of the HMs aren't there anymore due to rehabs. That book along with my disney trivia book is something that I always take with me. I haven't read the book yet, but I'm pretty sure that the Imagineering Guide to MK will be an excellent book, so you might look into getting that as well. I know that overstock.com has the book for less then $10, and that includes S/H.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter