? about Florida Residents and tickets

zachsmomie

Mouseketeer
I posted on another board but I think it was the wrong one! So here goes:

We are planning a trip to Disney in May (quite unexpectedly). We are combining it with a trip to see my aunt. My question is this... Can my Aunt buy our 4 day hoppers for us using her Florida resident rate? What happens if we decide to split up and go to different parks on the same day and she isn't with us? We have young children and would like to go to Animal Kingdom and she wants to spend extra time at Epcot seeing the flower show. Will this be a problem? Do they check an ID with the tickets? Do we have to stay together?

I answered your other post too:p your aunt cannot purchase the tickets for you.you have to be a Florida resident to get the discount.i think they will ask for id and if they do and you are trying to use those tickets they will more than likely take them from you and then you will be out a whole lot of money.i would definetly not try something like this and take that chance.

Echo what luvindisneyworld said. Just plain and simple, the FL resident rates and tickets are for the FL residents and they will ask for proof of residency at the hotel or the gate.

My honey was technically still a FL resident during our last trip to WDW and we got her the Play 4 Days pass. They asked for her FL ID at the time of purchase, but never beyond that point. At the gate, she had to do the biometric finger thing, but other than that, they didn't ask for FL ID. I'm sure they could ask and you might could find yourself in a pickle, but back in September, it was only a point of purchase check. Mickey

Originally posted by mickeysaver
. At the gate, she had to do the biometric finger thing, but other than that, they didn't ask for FL ID. I'm sure they could ask and you might could find yourself in a pickle, but back in September, it was only a point of purchase check. Mickey

We are FL residents and let me tell you that when you purchase those tickets they might ask you to do the little finger trick in their ticket machine. We have gone several times and having done the ticket meter, we have been placed into a situation by having to show out Drivers License in order to get in because our prints are not showing up. This could make for an embarrassing situation if you are not a resident.

They do ask for FL ID when you buy the pass. They will only let you buy one adult pass per person. I tried to buy my pass and a pass for my 18 year old DD but they made her come in and show her drivers license before I could purchase hers. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter