? about direct flights from BOS to MCO

cinmell

DIS Veteran
I have been looking on line at various airlines from travel from BOS to MCO in September and October. There are hardly any direct flights and if there are direct flights, they are later in the day. We always take the 7am direct flight from Delta. I checked Delta, flysong (that's the site for song), AA and Orbitz. Are they cutting down on direct flights and early flights or is it that they are sold out so they are not showing up when I do a search for flights?

Song has cut out the 7:00am flight to Orlando. I know because I was scheduled on that flight in August, and now I'm flying out on an 11:30ish flight the day before.

Song has also cut out the 7:20pm flight from Orlando to Boston. I was also switched from that one, and will now be leaving at 3:25 instead of 7:20.

It stinks. I'm disappointed.

Karen

I don't know where in Mass. you are, but if Manchester Airport is an option for you Southwest offers 3 direct non-stops a day each way. The first one is around 830 or so, I believe. I just booked it for October at $175.00 round-trip.

We fly into Fort Myers and drive to Orlando and fly out of MCO
to BOS, if you are renting a car for a week it pays off , sure it is a
3 hour drive but if you want to be on the ground sooner than later, or in ATL or CVG for an hour plus on the way down and back check it out.
You can try Tampa, Sarasota, or West Palm, atc, andy non stop, it takes a little work but a non stop is a non stop.
Plus leave MCO on a Thursday.

ENJOY!
:jester: :jester: :jester:

Originally posted by TLinden16
Song has cut out the 7:00am flight to Orlando. I know because I was scheduled on that flight in August, and now I'm flying out on an 11:30ish flight the day before.

Song has also cut out the 7:20pm flight from Orlando to Boston. I was also switched from that one, and will now be leaving at 3:25 instead of 7:20.

It stinks. I'm disappointed.

Karen

My husband booked those same flights for July and had them cancelled the next day. I would not have booked them if they were not such great flights! I think they did it on purpose to entice customers, actually, and never had any plans of flying those planes. My personal opinion of course.

Again, I don't know where in Mass you are, but we always fly out of Bradley Int'l in Hartford/Springfield. It's cheaper 90% of the time and we never fly with connections. Delta prices are pretty high for that timeframe, but Southwest is $202.50 right now with their schedule open until Oct 24th.

Hope it helps.

I had a direct flight booked with Delta out of Hartford at 7:10 two weeks ago. At the last minute my flight was cancelled and I was booked on the 8:10 am flight that had a stop in Atlanta. Instead of a 2 1/2 hrs, it took 5 1/2. Pretty bummed about that, and they gave no reason for the cancellation. As far as I could see the cancelled flight was pretty booked too.

I live in Boston so we fly out of Logan.

If you must fly out of Logan, then you are stuck with Delta/Song if you want non-stop. For my time & money, I'd come up to Manchester and fly SW. If you don't have a car, there are many services that come up here. If you do, parking is a bargain @$14/day in the garage, $8 in the lots.

I have always flown out of Logan before, but we are really trying to keep transportation costs to a minimum this trip. We were even thinking of driving. Southwest currently has an internet fare special of $77 each way. It came to about $175 RT with taxes and fees. I couldn't get a flight out of Manchester that worked with our schedule, so we will be flying out of Providence on July 4th.
Anyone have any recommendations or experience with parking at Providence?

cinmell, I have emailed Song twice regarding the cancellation of the 7:20am flight out of Logan. There was a thread a few days/week ago regarding this situation and when I reread my posts it sounded sooo much like whining that I let it go as much as possible. I let them know, in the email, that many of us Disney lovers like arriving early in the day and that having flown that flight many times on Delta Express and always found it completely full and why would you cancel that particular flight. Some of the replies, in the thread, mentioned the bad state of the airline industry and maybe it was more efficient to cancel that flight as opposed to others. Anyways I have resigned to accepting that I may have to fly out at 11:35am and lose most of that first day. Maybe if we all continue to voice our feelings with Song , especially because it is new, they will be receptive to our requests. I live on the Cape so Boston is most convenient for us, Providence works also but is a longer drive. Maybe as Song gets up and going they will reconsider. Jet Blue has plans to come to Boston in the next few years and I would think Song would like to build customer loyalty before that happpens.

I can't believe they have eliminated the early flights. We always used the Delta 7am flight and the 8am once and every time they always announced they they overbooked and the flight was full. I'll send an email too if you have the address. Thanks!

We booked the 7:20 AM flight out of Boston for November and it was cancelled an hour later. We cancelled 6 tickets as I want to arrive early. I will book Southwest out of Providence. I have emailed complaints to Song an Delta. What doesn't make sense it that every other Florida destination from Boston has an early (before 9:00 AM) moring flight (Tampa, West Palm, Ft Myers, etc.).

I think they had the 7:20 AM with the intention of cancelling it as it began to book up. They move the people to 11:25 AM, figuring most will accept the change. They will reinstitute the 7:20 AM sometime this summer at a reasonable fare and book them up quickly. Thus, more ressies. Just my opinion.

Keep emailing your complaints. They may listen after all!

Originally posted by Maxwell
We booked the 7:20 AM flight out of Boston for November and it was cancelled an hour later. We cancelled 6 tickets as I want to arrive early. I will book Southwest out of Providence. I have emailed complaints to Song an Delta. What doesn't make sense it that every other Florida destination from Boston has an early (before 9:00 AM) moring flight (Tampa, West Palm, Ft Myers, etc.).

I think they had the 7:20 AM with the intention of cancelling it as it began to book up. They move the people to 11:25 AM, figuring most will accept the change. They will reinstitute the 7:20 AM sometime this summer at a reasonable fare and book them up quickly. Thus, more ressies. Just my opinion.

Keep emailing your complaints. They may listen after all!

If that's the case, do you think we could transfer back to that flight without a fee? I booked online through Orbitz but have no experience with such a thing as this.

Cindy. the email address is.....speakout@flysong.com. I think one of the posters on that previous thread actually emailed the thread from here on the DIS to them . I know we are only a few but what a passionate few we are!!! Interesting what Maxwell just posted....we shall see.

Originally posted by minster22
Cindy. the email address is.....speakout@flysong.com. I think one of the posters on that previous thread actually emailed the thread from here on the DIS to them . I know we are only a few but what a passionate few we are!!! Interesting what Maxwell just posted....we shall see.

Thank you minster 22. I have just popped up the compose page. BTW, I also live in MA and will be on Cape Cod this weekend. Hope we have good weather!

Here is the body of my email to Delta Song:

Dear Delta Customer Service,

You may consider this a formal complaint. Please refer it to the correct department for complaints.

I am writing to advise you of my dissatisfaction at the way my reservation was handled. The ticket number is referenced above. On April 20, 2003 I made this reservation soley because the flight times fit with my schedule. I was a very happy customer to have found both a good price and the schedule I required. The very next morning (that is, not even 24 hours later!), I received an email stating that my flights had been changed without any notification to me. I was not contacted either by telephone or email to ask if this still met my needs.

I belong to several travel discussion boards. A little research told me that these flights have often been a bait and switch tactic by your company. Not only that, your company is being bashed all over the internet for the transgression. I hope you are aware of the future business this will cost you. As you know, a satisfied customer will tell a few friends and an unstatisfied customer will tell ten to fifteen. The internet has changed all that exponentially, and you are reaping the wrath of tens of thousands of unhappy/lost/potential customers.

The early morning Delta flight from Boston to Orlando has typically been sold out in the past. Therefore I do not believe that flight was cancelled for underbooking, particularly in the high summer season. I believe it was sheer trickery on your part.

Here are my questions, and I do want them answered in a timely fashion.

1. Why were the flights cancelled?

2. Will it be re-instated (under what circumstances)? If it is re-instated, will I be notified and able to switch back to that flight without any charge (as I should be!)?

3. Why was my itinerary changed without my permission or even any contact with me?

4. What cost-free recourse do I have as this is not the itinerary I chose for my needs?

I do plan to contact the FAA to advise them of this bait and switch tactic on the part of your airlines. And if I get no response from my email, I will be writing a letter directly to the President of Delta.

I hope others will also write to them.

We love to use PVD. It is so much nicer than traveling to Logan. And I like SWA, even tho there's no seat assignment. You will want to get to the airport early, probably allowing 2 1/2 hours if you're parking there. You have two long-term choices at $56 per week. One is a newer long-term garage, and the other a long-term lot with shuttles to the airport. There is an airport website that will also give you good information.

We flew out of PVD in Feb and our checked luggage was x-rayed prior to us moving thru security with our carry-ons. This step can take some time. You can also check your bags with a skycap at the curb, if you like. Sometimes this may be faster.

Remember to bring a snack. You'll probably get a snackpack of cheese crackers, fruit snacks, and cookies, but we like something more substantial. We usually stop at a Subway shop on our way to the airport.

HTH

Great letter cpl100! Mine was much shorter and not as specific. Please let us know how they respond.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter