• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

?? about dining ressie for 4 but bringing 6 :0(

starstruck93

DIS Veteran
So, of course..... a family member that lives in Florida wants to drop by our hotel to see us on our upcoming trip..Dec. 11-18th. I booked all of my ressies at 190 days out.... I don't even have to tell you how impossible it is at this point to add 2 adults to ANY of my ressies. :rolleyes1 I've plugged in every restaurant on the reservation site and nothing. Does anyone have any experience with showing up with extra people and actually being seated? I'm trying to add 2 people to my party of 4 for Chef Mickey's. Thanks in advance for any of your input!:goodvibes April

Sorry to say but your chance of adding 2 people at the time of year you are going.....not gonna happen.

What will happend is they will not be seated. So you need to think of how you want to handle the situation. Since they are local are they going to the parks with you? If they are only coming to enjoy dinner with you I wouldn't even bother, 99% chance of being turned away.
If they are going to the park with you, I would set them up eating CS or at another restaurant and meeting back up with them.

Sorry to say but your chance of adding 2 people at the time of year you are going.....not gonna happen.

What will happend is they will not be seated. So you need to think of how you want to handle the situation. Since they are local are they going to the parks with you? If they are only coming to enjoy dinner with you I wouldn't even bother, 99% chance of being turned away.
If they are going to the park with you, I would set them up eating CS or at another restaurant and meeting back up with them.

No, they really do not want to go to the parks.:sad2: One day we're eating lunch at Chef De France for our TS meal so we could do dinner somewhere else. I was able to find a dinner available at Garden Grove for that night.... we'll just pay out of pocket. Thanks for your help! April

If the restaurant is already full to capacity when you arrive with your party of six to take a reservation for four, two of your party will not be admitted. You're pretty much always taking that chance when you show up with extra people, and the odds the extra people won't get in are much higher at a popular restaurant/high attendance time/free dining.

With Chef Mickey's, it's highly unlikely. The place is generally packed to the rafters with mobs waiting to get in. Not to mention this is during Free Dining! If your reservation is right at opening time I'd say show up 20 minutes early and you might have a shot. Otherwise, you'd be better off looking for alternatives.

You may want to consider either all going to the Wave (no characters but better food) or splitting your party so someone takes the little ones to Chef Mickey's and someone accompanies the two extra adults to the Wave, which should be easier to get into.

Good luck!

The best thing to do is call 1-407-WDW-DINE and talk to one of the disney res people about your situation. I had that happen two trips ago, the computer booking was useless in helping me fix my issue because everything was coming up booked. Ten minutes on the phone and they found space for us at a different time. They are very nice and understand that sometimes things change at the last minute. They can also look around at all the different restaurents in the area and find something that does work, if Chef Mickey's is full.
Good Luck!

Try for a table of 2 as well. Maybe you can get seated around the same time but not, necessarily, at the same table. Maybe that would work?

I was going to suggest that they look for ADRs for 2 at the same time. WHen you get to the restaurant, explain that you have 2 reservations and were wondering if you could possibly be seated together, or close. Worked for us at LeCellier last week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter