? about booking BWV 7 mos out

LizL

Mouseketeer
DH and I just bought a "home" at Vero Beach. Due to the current incentives, we were able to buy more points than we could have bought with an Orlando based villa. We normally travel during the off season (early November and late January). I was assured by the saleman that we would have no trouble booking at BCV or BWV during this time (for a studio and/or 1 BDR villa), even though I can book only 7 months out. But I would really like some reassurance from those that have tried to do this. We are still in our cancellation period and will choose to buy fewer points in an Orlando location if it is going to be difficult to book what we need at WDW. So has anyone had any experience booking at these times? We are not picky about views, but would prefer to have a handicapped accessible room if possible.

I hate to say this but you might was to reconsider your VB purchase if your goal is to stay at WDW. The one consistent piece of advise you see on this board is "buy where you want to stay"

Also, the December timeframe is actually one of the most popular times for DVC stays.

Good luck with your decision and "Welcome Home"

Late October/early November is the food & wine festival at Epcot. BWV and BCV are popular during this time. You maybe able to get it at 7 months but I would not say "no trouble". Someone has posted that there are no handicapped standard view Boardwalk rooms, so you would be looking at the higher preferred view category. Vero has the highest dues rate. Over time, that may eat away at the magical beginnings savings you got. Unless you plan to regularly stay at Vero, I would not buy there.

We have used our VB points at BWV, VWL, OKW, ad BCV as well as VB over the past 3 years. All booked at 7 months or less without problem. We have booked 2 bdr, 1bdr, and studios. Last week we just changed our summer ressie at VWL without a problem. We were originally staying the week of July 4th but I was worried about the extra crowds so we swithched it to the end of our stay. We're staying 3 weeks this summer at OKW, BWV, and VWL. I'm not sure about the availability during the times you want but we have booked in July, August, September, and April and always had success without a waitlist.

Early November is VERY popular at BWV. Points are low, weather is good and there's a lot going on. That's when we go down for Food & Wine Fest (and so do lots of other people). We own at BWV so can use 11 month window. Last year DH's work schedule was a little uncertain so I didn't book until about six months out. Had to take a room at OKW instead of BWV because BWV was full both studio and 1 bdrm.

Don't get me wrong, we still had a great time and would stay at OKW again, but if we had our hearts set on Boardwalk we would have been disappointed.

I have used VB points to book studios in May at VWL and Sept at BCV at the 7 month window with no problem.

We were told by our agent that if we travel mainly during value or regular seasons, the 7 month window should not be a problem.

Others say that special events will impact this, so you may want to plan around them, or be flexible with your room/resort requests if you want to go during these times?

Good luck!

First of all, at the current maintenance fees, the higher maintenance fees at Vero Beach will eat up your increased MB incentives in about 10 years. In the long haul, assuming things don't change drastically, VB will cost you more than any of the other resorts.

Second, our very own CarolAnnK here, already owned OKW and VB, and still ended up purchasing a BWV resale contract after she was unable to book the BWV in early december two years in a row at the 7 month window.

BCV will be much easier to book at the seven month window until it sells out. At that point, a constant supply of new inventory will no longer become available and it will become more difficult.

One further point to consider, no one knows how easy or difficult it will be to book any particular resort 10 or 20 years down the road. As DVC grows and increases it's membership, you will be competing more and more with those that will want to stay at the best DVC resort in existance, the BWV. (Sorry, that one was for Rich. :p ;) :jester: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter